The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

This.

Rio has a huge impact on the UK media narrative. In turn, the suits at United want to placate their fans. Sky/BT banging on about Ole doing great should be popcorn time for us.

Don’t get why many people on TAN are angry with Rio’s delusions.

5 Likes

He can spout it in the wider world…

We can also call it bullshit here on the message board, as I said all is forgotten that the only reason they failed in the Europa League final was because they had failed in the group stages of the CL.

3 Likes

Dortmund: “You can have Sancho for £81m”

United: "How about £67m?’

michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

2 Likes

The gap between Uniteds bid and Dortmunds ask isn’t that great - if Sancho does want United this move will happen…shame really. I like the guy, which will have to change if he moves there.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it will happen, will just be fun to watch United twitter losing it for a while before they reach an agreement.

1 Like

Does Sancho have any defensive qualities, he’s going to need them playing for Ole the bus parking midget.

3 Likes

Don’t really understand how adding additional firepower to the attack is going to improve the defence…

On that note, who actually thought we were going to win at OT this year? The last two times before this year (09 and 14) I thought we had decent shots since we had beaten them at home in the League but this most recent time was a complete surprise given our respective form and injury situations.

2 Likes

We should bid £68m :rofl:

1 Like

£35m + Origi + Shaqiri :sunglasses:

That makes £3.76

6 Likes

Hahaha awesome

I actually think that Bellingham could be a better option that Sancho

3 Likes

He would do great here, unfortunately it will be in the order of Sancho sold 2021, Haaland sold 2022, Bellingham sold 2023.

Given Bellingham and Hendo’s Insta love-in from today (I don’t hate it if he comes here) I’m not completely pessimistic. Who would have predicted Klopp would have come to Liverpool back in 2015 when we were in the doldrums. He was (IMHO) bigger than any player we had at the time, even with the name the club carries.

The one thing is I think, being one of the top coaches in the world, Klopp has a lot of pull. Think of all the players who we couldn’t get across the line (Willian, Sanchez, Salah Part I) because we weren’t in the CL and they went where they would be. Hell, even that first summer we got Mane and Wijnaldum, two players who triggered significant interest from Man Utd and Tottenham at the time. A year before, I don’t think we’re making those signings. So I think we have a shot, even if it’s not in our style to be frontrunners for marquee names in big transfer chases.

Hell, Alisson and van Dijk, arguably in our top 5 Premier League signings, were known to be good but weren’t necessarily world class. One thing’s for certain, they sure as hell are now.

1 Like

I doubt if the right bid came in for Bellingham that Dortmund wouldn’t sell, they may even then hold off selling others.

United just got their first Sancho bid rejected.

They will get Sancho. The valuations are not that far apart. Their front line will then be frightening, much as we like to mock them. If they sort out their defence, they will be serious contenders.

2 Likes

Should probably do something in midfield as well. And maybe change the manager. A better goalkeeper wouldn’t be wrong either.

But yeah, the attack looks good.

5 Likes

You can see a line forming nicely between the deeper midfield and striker of Sancho, Fernandes and Rashford. I think that’s a good mix. Rashford can also be an option to go up top from time to time, depending how he evolves, but for now he seems best as a more direct wide forward. Sancho being a more involved creator who can come inside from either sides. Cavani stays for one more season, but ideally they’d want another striker, we’ll see if they get one this or next summer. I think a CB is still a must, a better and more stylistically better fit/partner for Maguire. GK question needs sorting out one way or another, they’re paying their (first two) goalies around £500k and not really getting the quality and consistency needed from any of them. Maybe Henderson gets his chance. They could also probably do with another, different type of right back, to challenge and possibly overtake Wan-Bissaka. In midfield, we’ll see what happens with Pogba in his last year.

1 Like

That Beek bloke must wonder what he’s doing there if he can’t get in ahead of Fred and McTomato

1 Like