The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Just like the Chelsea front line this year with a weakened midfield and defence, in conclusion, top heavy and an idiot manager. It seems like fixing the manager part helped.

The exact same is happening at Man U, and getting rid of their idiot manager for a competent one would be a worry for us. A quality defensive midfielder and central defender, a new manager and it’s all of a sudden it’s very concerning.

4 Likes

Frightening my arse. Rashford is shit. Cavani caught lightning in a bottle last season. Teams will figure out that if you deny Bruno space, they have nothing to offer.

2 Likes

I get your point/concern. But what you are essentially saying is, if all our players stay fit and in form, we will win the quadruple. The best possible scenarios rarely, if ever, happen.

Another thing, ingredients aren’t the main thing, it’s the cook that matters. Just ask Franky :wink:

Boyle?
Avalon?
Goes to Hollywood?

3 Likes

Cavani has been one of the premier strikers in world football for ten years. At that age there is always a question of what their motivation is, but Cavani looked like the same lad who caused havoc playing for Palermo before his big money moves. I dont think there are any issues with him, only how much they can ride him at this age.

Their issue is far more their lack of alternatives in the attack that has seen them over play Rashford for several seasons and Greenwood last year, especially as they are the best options for giving Cavani a rest (even if they are currently both better starting from wide). Sancho isn’t a panacea for their limitations, but it is very much in line with what they need and they’ll be much stronger for having him than not. I mean their alternatives last season were James, Mata, Pogba out of position and some lad who didnt get his first league start until the Leicester game.

4 Likes

We should snatch Sancho from Man Utd, just like we did with Peter Beardsley decades before, and Henderson 10 years ago (Utd did want Henderson at that time - they just never admitted it). Just look at what happened with Wijnaldum and Barca, it is not done and can be quickly overturned.

• Do you really think we can bring in players that cost at more than £55m at the moment? Sancho would cost more than £85m.

• No way ManU were interested in Jordan Henderson after what Fergie said about him.

They were and Fergie, like a jilted teenage girl, then shit talked Hendo after he joined us to pretend he never wanted him.

5 Likes

Ultimately we can’t sign everyone. Other teams are allowed to sign good players.

1 Like

To be honest, there’s no guarantee he goes to Manure. Last season/season before? there were all sorts of rumours and he stayed put. Even if he does go to manure there are no guarantees it’ll work out. Look at how excited we were about Naby.

My worry is not who they do or don’t buy it’s that OGS gets found out too quickly by manure and replaced by a decent manager.

Enstein?
Sinatra?

2 Likes

With their record post Fergie, I can’t see that happening any time soon

2 Likes

Bruno?
Stallone?
Furter?

4 Likes

Zappa?
Oz?
Rijkaard?

1 Like

Do you remember me?

5 Likes

This must be my most widely quoted post. :blush:

5 Likes

Costanza?
ly my dear I don’t give a damn?

6 Likes

Hahaha. F*cking brilliant :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Best bit of banter of the year so far. Thanks, lads.

2 Likes

May you have even more, and better ones, as the year progresses. :laughing:

2 Likes