The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Dux?

5 Likes

Frank…

Enstein

1 Like

Been done already. But nice thinking :+1:

3 Likes

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

What are they fucking about at?

The know the price. Dortmund have been clear what they want. What do they hope to get by haggling.

3 Likes

They’re MichaelEdwardsing, nothing new. :slight_smile:

One last chance for Woodward to prove he’s as good as Edwards by knocking €1m off the asking price

Surely it’s for our comic relief and their fans frustration. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Sancho is gonna be a good signing for them.

Hate to admit it

They can sign whoever they want Ole won’t be able to get the best out of them.

8 Likes

I’d be more worried if they were signing a good defender or midfielder.

They already have an embarrassment of riches up top. One more thrown in isn’t going to make a difference.

1 Like

We could argue if they have better players / a better starting 11 / a better squad (they don’t) than us but any Liverpool fan should know by now that it’s at least 40% manager and 60% talent.

And Klopp is 3 levels above Ole.

I think they’ll move AWB to defense.

1 Like

Level?
The chasm between Kloppo and that clown wheeler is measured in orders of magnitudes.

*edit to add image

1 Like

They really don’t. With everyone fit and on form their front 3 is good, but there is no depth behind that and it’s a lot to ask that front three to carry that load for a whole season as the individuals are some combination of too old to do so, too young to be expected to do so, and/or too many issues with injuries. In terms of depth, look at who weak their options were when Ole changed things up for that Leicester game at the end of the season.

Sancho not only immediately improves them, but bolsters their ability to put out a good front line throughout the entire season.

1 Like

Still have issues in defense and midfield, look what losing one defender did to them, losing three like us would put them in the relegation zone and I’m not too sure on their keepers eithier.

So they are probably blowing their entire outlay on a player which will allow them some cover over the season.

Plus their manager isn’t good enough. Piss around long enough on Sancho and it will end up biting them again.

2 Likes

They can field any combination from Rashford, Cavani, Fernandez, Greenwood and Martial. I think that’s already pretty strong.

Put it this way, I think if you were looking at dropping £90m into that United team, the forwards are the last place you’d put it.

They have a serious goalkeeping problem. The central defence is being led by a carthorse, the fullbacks a limited, and they are starting Fred and McTominey in midfield.

5 Likes

I think they’ll sell Martial if they get Sancho in. He should atleast get a 30M from some lesser premier league club. Cavani is probably on his last year of his contract but that’s a transfer for the next season.

They’ll be fine in terms of transfer biz but Ole’s gonna fuck them over big time.

Yeah, but that’s the point - their fifth option up front is a £30m player. If I was United Manager with 80m to spend, I’m not buying a forward. That’s just not addressing needs. I’d split the cash on a keeper and central defender. That’s where they are weakest IMO.

2 Likes