The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Sounds as thick as Werner as well.

1 Like
1 Like

I saw him interviewed and he seemed mainly shy and unworldly but otherwise typically ‘young footballer’ - indeed he may not be especially bright. But well done him for using whatever he does have to try and do some good. So I’m not going to criticise him for being thick given what he’s at least tried to do away from the pitch.

5 Likes

:thinking:

£83 million???

Yeah thick is definitely not a great description of him off the pitch. May be on it, sure, but off the pitch he seems a good hearted person who understands how to use his platform to make the world a little bit better.

7 Likes

If they snag Sancho he probably is an improvement over what they got, but up front isn’t the pressing issue where they need to improve. I say probably because OGS needs to know how to use him.

While OGS is at the wheel I’m not worried about Manure. Last season was an outlier for them and they were never in a title fight in the lowest points to win a title for a good few years.

1 Like

If I was their manager, I’d be looking to sign two central midfielders who could carry out the lion’s share of work for front four and give protection to their defence. Then I’d be looking at a new right winger and a new striker (depending on Greenwood’s progress). I think that their squad is really strong but that it still lacks balance and that it’s overreliant on Fernandes and Cavani (though Sancho should ease the creative burden off Fernandes). I hope their coaching staff never realise this.

3 Likes
1 Like

After the shitshow of last season, I am expecting peak bantz in 21/22 when Ole does SFA with Sancho.

4 Likes

Sancho to finally get meaningful minutes against Ukraine and stink it out before having his leg fall off.

5 Likes

Sir Ferguson Alex?

2 Likes

Thats what I thought at first…

But clearly i know Sweet Fuck All

3 Likes

It’s annoying

1 Like

Good player but yeah won’t learn anything new under OGS.

2 Likes

That’s how I feel. In a vacuum, it’s annoying to see such a bright, young talent going to United. Remains to be seen how he will deploy and develop, but for now it’s annoying.

1 Like

And it’s being reported they’re meeting with Camavinga’s representatives?

Reckon they only need a new CB and a defensive midfield and they will look much better

and manager…

They still need a proper CF. Cavani isn’t going to give you 20+ goals a season anymore. Rashford is shit and Greenwood is too young to say if he’s the real deal or not. With Ole as manager, they’ll huff and puff their way to 4th or 5th next season.

2 Likes

Good signing for them. Can’t wait to see how they screw it up.

3 Likes

€85m deal

That’s a good deal. Has Ed Woodward left MU?