The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

United in for Penaldo too;

Can see it already, Ronaldo managing United whilst Ole watches on, just like during Euro 2016.

Watching City and United fight over Ronaldo is like watching 2 blokes fighting over a girl who used to be hot at school but is now fat, has 5 kids by 5 blokes and divorced a bunch of times.

4 Likes

Ronny…mate…it’s Ole.

Ole! We played together at Utd! I scored some shit goal once that everyone keeps going on about.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!!

No? Nothing? Anyways, I manage Utd now and could use the distraction value. We’ve already drawn with Soton and should have lost, to be honest, so I reckon I’ve only got a few weeks left before they figure out I’m shit again.

4 Likes

If Ronaldo signs, Bruno’s stats will look average without all those penalties.

5 Likes

Mendes has played a blinder really hasn’t he?

Worse than that; half the country’s dream teams will be rendered useless. :flushed:

1 Like

Traction:

Just £510k per week. Probably worth it for them too.

1 Like

So is Penandes sitting on the bench like at the Euros

3 Likes

Yep and still managed to bang in 36 goals in all competitions, 29 in the league.

Dude is an absolute beast and would be a good signing for them, not sure what all the laughing is about.

2 Likes

They were saying on radio his stats from last year say he no longer dribbles and runs a lot. All his work is in the box.

2 Likes

There is no space for him there, that’s where Fernandes falls over, time after time … :grinning:

1 Like

The wages, the fact he’s 36 and requires the entire game to be based around him being the fulcrum of attack - therefore what’s the point of everything else Ole has done to date. The massive ego, that will dwarf Ole, and likely clashes with other egos in the team (Pogba). All in all i think it makes for a good laugh. Especially when petulant little cry baby Penaldo turns up.

Doesn’t worry me much from a Liverpool perspective. We have a settled squad, ready to do the business whilst United and City are hunting for players at the highest bracket days before the end of the transfer window. I know where I’d rather be, a settled squad with everyone knowing what they’re to do, not a squad that’s about to have Ronaldo dropped in on them to disrupt everything. As exciting as big transfers are late on in the window, often they are panic buys.

I certainty don’t dispute Ronaldo’s skill and ability, but in the bigger picture, it’s a hail mary. Maybe it’ll pay off with some silverware, but it isn;t sustainable.

7 Likes

He is 36, not sure what they expect, he may have lost a yard of pace and trickery but can still bang them in.

1 Like

They can afford it and if he can lead them to title/CL glory in the short term that’s all that matters to them me thinks.

I can’t see it leading them to any glory - if it does, good on them. He’s a great player, but they aren’t going to do better than City, Chelsea or Liverpool

2 Likes

Fair enough, I wouldn’t underestimate them, we may have a better core of players but they have the depth to cause us problems.

This doesnt feel like a panic buy by them at all. More like its a advantageous buy to bolster their team which already is adding Varane and Sancho to their squad. Adding Ronaldo to their front line is a huge addition. I dont see how we can pretend otherwise.

1 Like

Don’t cry too much into your Gary Neville sodden sheets.

Cavani and Ronaldo banging 6 goals past Norwich to fluff their numbers doesn’t win you the league.

Still wide open in defence.

2 Likes

as Utd can afford him, I don’t see how this can be construed as anything but added strength to their line. veteran striker in Cavani, and Ronaldo at LW with Sancho on the right. that’s looking pretty dangerous with a rejuvenated Pogba feeding those three. If United get a solid DM with a beefed back line including Verane then we are looking at a squad that can challenge for the title

De Gea

AWB Verane Bailly Shaw

McTominay Pogba

Sancho Penandes CR7

Cavani

Fred Matic Jones Rashford Martial Van de Beek Telles Lindelof James Slabhead

1 Like

not really crying its not the end of the world but, reality is reality. Their team is alot stronger this season than it was last season. I actually think Varane will help make them respectable in defence, maybe not the best , but enough to be a factor in them winning games.