The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

This makes absolutely no sense to me , apart from the Glazers wanting to get back in the fans good books.

Didn’t they already buy an ageing past his best superstar just last year ?

And I wonder just how St.Marcus and ‘generational talent’ Greenwood feel about it.

They’re buying him because they can and because they couldn’t bear the thought of City getting him.

What a fucking palaver.

1 Like

You’ve left arguably the best English striker in their age bracket out of that team. That’s the problem with United going for Ronaldo.

1 Like

Greenwood is going to start over Cavani, i think Cavani understands that part. Its Rashford who is compromised at the moment, and quite frankly i dont think united fans care.

but you’ve got the man who is arguably the best striker that has ever played the game, out there training with those lads for a year. that’s the one thing missing from United for the past few is some senior influence by great players. Cavani was the start. they still have Matic to teach guys like McTominay how to play the position and give rotation

now you have CR7 back where he started, hopefully elevating kids like James and Rashford and Sancho up to where they need to be.

he may only play 1-2 seasons back at Old Toilet, but I feel like this may be a resurgence.

I pray for Ole to play Pogba and Ronaldo on the same side of the team.

2 Likes

Ronaldo left wing? He literally stands in the box all game. I think a lot of you haven’t watched any of his games for the last few seasons. Has anyone seen the standard of the Italian league? Don’t let a world cup win fool you…

Bar 2 v’s Roma right at the start of the season and 1 goal v’s Napoli… Doesn’t score in the big games. Flat track bully.

No doubting his finishing ability, but he is the cause of Juve’s demise.

Exactly as I said about him joining City, will cause more problems than bring advantages.

P.s. McTominay is out for 1-2 months… They have no central midfield.

7 Likes

You what?! I’d have chosen another word…

3 Likes

understand one thing above all else about me, I love the game. I love to see young players thrive for the betterment of the game. To have a world class talent teaching young kids how to play the game is only good for the game itself. Rather they take guidance from him, than clowns like Penandes or Slabhead.

I’m not a fan of United, but there’s no disguising that this move would be good for that club.

1 Like

Sure. I’m just joshing with you re the ‘hope’ that United strengthen their squad

I love the game to, but nah F united and their scum fans.

3 Likes

Not strictly a United thing but when will there be an end to this stupid wages thing.

I mean all the clubs are skint apparently but here we see the two Manchester clubs (PSG too and possibly others) just spunking cash in wages like no tomorrow.

I’d have thought the pandemic might slow stuff but it seems to have actually split clubs into those that have massive revenue streams (questionable or otherwise) and those that dont.

And everyone thought the Eurpean superleague was daft. It’s here, in the PL already.

I think the main issue is that with Pogba and Fernandes you already have 2 players have to be accommodated and you cannot do it with both in the same side without causing other problems. There is just no way to add him to the mix without making that even more of an issue

3 Likes

Make no mistake, they are much stronger than they were a year ago. They added Varane, Sancho and are about to add Cristiano Ronaldo to a team that finished second last season. People were laughing when they got Ibrahimović but he still managed to inspire them to two cup triumphs. That said, as long as they don’t win PL or CL, I won’t have any qualms about who they bring in. Ronaldo is still a top class player but I hope his arrival will oust Cavani from the team, who arguably brings a lot more to the side in terms of leading the press and creating space for his teammates.

2 Likes

Aren’t the Glazers meant to be the worst owners in the league?? More like best to me….constantly invest in a poor team.

1 Like

Just shows you the arrogance and entitlement the united fan base has.

I feel those who are mocking Ronaldo’s ability to contribute are grossly underestimating how well he has looked after himself, and his fitness levels

Am thinking this move for Ronaldo is one to prove to himself one last time that he’s still got it. He’s only a year older than Milner and still in good shape for someone his age. He may only do 2000 mins this season and make more appearances off the bench or sub after 60, but I’d not be surprised to see him bang in 10-15 goals.

2 Likes

City were left unhappy by Mendes’ behaviour, according to ESPN sources, as Ronaldo’s agent decided it would be better for the player to make an emotional return to Old Trafford rather than join rivals City.

IOW ManU were willing to pay Ronaldo’s £500,000 current salary as opposed to ManC offering him £250,000!

Mostly in Serie A which is much slower. 6 of his 29 were penalties.

Average age of the top 16 goalscorers in Serie A last year? 29.5. 3 of whom were 36 or over, 7 aged at least 30.

Average age of the top 14 goalscorers in the PL last year? 27.7. The oldest being Jamie Vardy at 34 with Gundogan the only other player aged over 29.

2 Likes

Pogba is a luxury player who wants out anyway, unlike him, Ronaldo is a winner and at 36 still as hungry as ever. They could play Fernandes deeper to feed the ball to Ronaldo closer to the box.

I am sure they will find a way to fit him in, I think they have made some good buys this summer with some experienced players to make them a threat this season.