The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

More to the point - they’ve added it to a team that got only 74 points. There have been years that wouldn’t even qualify for the Champions League. They were closer to West Ham than Man City.

They’re trying to become a good team but let’s not act like they are adding finishing touches to an established high quality unit.

9 Likes

Whether its Serie A, Spain, Mars, its Ronaldo, dude is a beast, his mentality is top notch, always pushing himself and wouldnt be surprised to see him still banging in goals at 40. He is a brilliant player.

1 Like

To be honest, I’m more worried that they will add someone like Bissouma (an Alex Ferguson type of signing if there ever was one) or Rice but they still added plenty to both attack and defence. As long as there is a massive hole between it, even if Pogba and Fernandes are playing brilliantly, I’m all for it.

2 Likes

But it cannot be considered in isolation, no matter how good he (apparently) is. It’s a team game at the end. I feel they were stronger without him than with him, not just for this season but from a long term perspective. Happy they are spending for fan appeasement rather than what they actually need and can make them lethal force. The latter again wouldn’t happen as long as Ole is in charge.

1 Like

Probably sums up…

3 Likes

True, it is indeed a team game and Ole needs to figure out how to fit him in, however, if they do find it, I think they will surprise many even if its Ole.

Having watched Ronaldo over the years his consistency is bonkers, you even tend to forget he’s 36. Like I said in one of my other replies, we may have a more balanced core of players, however, the depth is my biggest worry when it comes to Utd.

1 Like

So much for a COVID market. Seems to be more money than ever laying about

1 Like

Unless your FSG…

Should bring Rooney back, too.

4 Likes

Seriously pissing me off FSG.

And then the class of 99… Go full nostalgic

Idiotic. Good luck to them.

2 Likes

Could we be about to see Cavani go back to PSG

And after that, they should look at bolstering their defence with Rio and Vidic

1 Like

Also mind the gaps I pointed out previously he will double up and then have a gap and double up again.

It doesn’t worry me in the slightest, he replaces any of their pace they will be poor if he replaces those up top then how much more is he going add.

I guess they get better on free kicks.

1 Like

Will certainly help boost their profile around the world, remind a few people of the name Man Utd. Not sure he will will improve them on the pith, would be great a guy to bring on as a sub if you need a goal, but he will demand to start. The ego’s are going to be suffocating in that dressing room, poor Ole.

2 Likes

Ronaldo has been the worst freekick taker I have seen last decade, among ones who claim to be a good freekick taker. Another of his overhyped qualities.

5 Likes

Quite, he probably helps pay the 480k a week but seriously I watched enough Série A this guy looks disinterested when it’s not easy.

4 Likes

Kind of half said in sarcasm, Gives Tyler something to wank over.

1 Like