The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Bruno off pens thank god

Let’s put it this way with Ronaldo around would Man Utd be 2 points better off?

No, and they’ve had probably two of the easiest first two games.

So will the fans storm in the stadium to protest whenever they feel like this season or all is forgiven?

1 Like

The typical Ronaldo free kick. Hikes the shorts (why not just buy hot pants). Wipes the forehead or the nose. Kicks it straight into the wall.

4 Likes

To be fair it’s a decent signing and it improves them.

This summer they’ve got Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo.

Very good business in my opinion.

When I put my Liverpool specs back on I’ll agree with everybody else and say they’re all shit

2 Likes

Pleased to see him back in the Premiership. I always believed he would finish his career at United. We need to test ourselves against the best.

You sure sound like one.

Mendes played an absolute blinder here. Dangled his client out to MC and reeled in MU.

6 Likes

480K a week?! lol

2 Likes

I could see it happening :rofl:

1 Like

This is how I imagine this conversation going:

Ole: we need a defensive mid. The low block kills us because teams can counter quickly like we do against the big six.

Board: you said we need to get more points against the low block……

Ole: no we need a holding mid

Board: ok here’s Ronaldo.

Will score against the flat track teams that will naturally win them more points in those games, but if Ronaldo plays against the big six in the marquee matches I think United get worse in those games. Probably gets them more points but doesn’t push them into the real competitor bracket.

Just my two cents

5 Likes

opinions are like assholes, eh? have a nice day.

2 Likes

That one certainly was

Exactly this.

When Dyche etc are sending teams out to kick the fuck out of him, how will he cope??

And if this doesn’t go amazingly the pressure will be immense.

4 Likes

Oh come off it mate. When has Dyche ever sent his players out to kick the fuck out of anyone except against us?

2 Likes

am guessing that’s where Ole comes into play, manage his minutes accordingly and let Martial get punted around for a bit :roll_eyes:!!!

1 Like

Ole…

lol

3 Likes

I wouldn’t trust Ole to walk me dog.

2 Likes

Will he help them? Sure. Will bag his fare few goals (and take Bruno off pens) and will likely help mentor the younger players along.

Will he help them overtake City? Probably not.

Does he strengthen their weaknesses in DM, goal, or Gollum? No.

Is he worth 480K a week? NFW, and that’s seemingly why City pulled out; I don’t think they’d willingly let their rival have first right of refusal if they felt he was going to drastically change the landscape of the title race. The fact that United are willing to pay those kind of wages — nonwithstanding the talent — is absurd. Salah is on less than half of that, and he’s firmly in the world-class bracket with a fair few years left to run. For all his longevity, Ronaldo is 36.

2 Likes

Fair dues to Ronaldo. He’s gone for the straight £500k per week rather than the 2X £250k from 2 different sources.

Morals do exist!!! :no_mouth:

2 Likes