The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Ronaldo at City or even Chelsea would be a major threat, but at UTD, not that much.

2 Likes

Chelsea have already signed a better centre forward this summer.

Ronaldo will probably score a fair few for united, but to win the league this year you’ll have to have more than a collection of individuals who can turn it on every couple of games like against Leeds. Despite United’s spending I still see them as the 4th best team in the league.

3 Likes

Its because they are absolutely obsessed with spending in the wrong areas

:shushing_face:

Except Burnley won’t do that against Utd, they’ll just roll over. They save their shithouse tactics for us.

2 Likes

As I said it doesn’t concern me, maybe I didn’t watch the right Ronaldo games, I watched a fair few. If this was two years ago when he went from Madrid to Juve I would have more concerns but Man Utd needed someone to grab that Soton game and no one did, Ronaldo at 36 isn’t doing that eithier.

Though maybe he delivers, I don’t it though, this is one for the papers and the fans to wank over but when it matters I have my doubts.

Glad they haven’t signed a good keeper :wink:

3 Likes

Cavani is already registered with 7, so only way Ronaldo can get it is if they sell Cavani.

Fred has the 17, so similarly that is unavailable unless he gets sold

1 Like

That’s the thing that’s so amazing — for all the noise about strengthening CB and RW (and now across the front, it must be said, even if Ronaldo isn’t at his peak), they haven’t bothered to sign a goalkeeper. Henderson doesn’t look near it (yet); I thought he was supposed to be the next Donnarumma but he’s actually two years older than him, so you can’t say he’s “too young.” Meanwhile De Gea is past his best, he was unbelievable 2014-18 but has declined massively since; it has been much longer than a blip, epitomized by the UEL final. Sometimes a team can carry its goalkeeper and still win the title, think about Barthez, but in a title race of margins I’d back Ederson as the last line of defence over anyone at United.

Top-heavy, much like a buff hamster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGXlgck7-Y :rofl:

2 Likes

I am secretly happy they are signing Ronaldo. Don’t get me wrong, Ronaldo is world class and at 36, still miles ahead of many players out there both in mentally and physically. I don’t like him but I cannot dispute his abilities and his achievements as a player. However, I think OGS might end up like Lampard. Its one thing to gathering a large group of good players, its another to make them play well together. OGS has underachieved considering the players he has bought and the quality of players he supposedly have. He does not have the ability to propel them to greater heights and he is just depending on the current inertia they have to keep going. And the moment they hit a bad patch, with the number of egos in the squad, Pogba, Bruno, and now Ronaldo and adding in their clueless Captain, I don’t think OGS has the personality to harness them as a team once they have a run of bad results. Expect OGS to go if like Chelsea, they do not end up as top 2 by January.

I see them as the 17th worst team in the league. :wink: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

When he signed for Juve, I didn’t think he made Juve better.

And he didn’t.

I think the same of ManU.

3 Likes

Both Messi and Ronaldo have lived off their reputation for far too long. The Ballon Dor in particular has not matched reality.

Bruno is better than Ronaldo at both penalties and freekicks so dont mind Ronaldo taking responsibility.

What will be interesting is the player power dynamic. Weak manager vs Ronaldo. Could be a real recipe for disaster. Can just imagine Ole saying sorry Sancho, Ronaldo wants to play :rofl:

3 Likes

Stock price going up doesnt mean more money for the club. Also a united home shirt costs about £60, his contract is worth around 50mil over 2 years. They would have to sell around 800k Ronaldo shirts to make up that cost in shirt sales. Good luck with that!

In a few months from now, when Michael Carrick is struggling with the egos of his superstar players and the United yobs have stormed old Trafford again, we can look back fondly on this fairytale.

4 Likes

It started instantly, this is from yesterday.

Ole must now win things. If they’re 10 points back come Xmas the pressure will be off the charts…

This may be the decision that finally costs him his gig.

2 Likes

Nightmare situation that,

Ole losing his job…

5 Likes

Absolutely…

This could be the decision that everyone else in the PL hates, but not for the reasons Utd would like…

1 Like

I’m not sure how OGS keeps everyone happy with game time.
He has to fit in Rashford, martial, Ronnie, Greenwood, cavani, sancho plus the lad they signed from Atalanta.

2 Likes

Please noooo !

(I wonder whose decision it actually was though. Reports are now saying that it was Mendes who contacted Utd.)

For me now United have to win the league or the champions league.

OGS gets sacked after Christmas IMO

Nooo!!!

1 Like

Probably replaced by ZZ

1 Like