The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

He is definitely in the same bracket as the best in the world.

Fact of the matter is there are probably 5 or 6 players who could be the GOAT. Pretty difficult to argue against any of their credentials. Make no mistake about it though Ronaldo and Messi are within that 5 or 6

Ronaldo is a cunt, and he’s there to collect a fat paycheck and nothing more. He won’t help them win anything. The two moves that would ha e concerned me for them this summer would have been replacing Ole with an actual football manager, and replacing Fred with an actual midfielder. Since they did neither, they’re going to continue to win fuck all with the second most expensive squad in all of football and a top 3 wage bill in all of football. Long May it last.

4 Likes

Say what you will about Ronaldo but this is his impact on the club.

Again if Ronaldo had chosen Liverpool over United all those haters here would be the first ones in line to defend him.

One could say that Ronaldo is one of the best there ever was but with a lousy taste in English clubs. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maradona is the GOAT but Messi and Ronaldo arent far behind.
For me I prefer Messi out of the Messi/Ronnie debate.
Messi for all his goals is a team player. He is happy if someone else scores and to assist whereas Ronaldo goes mental if someone else scores or gets a headline. He’ll do something to detract away from the goal scorer. If there’s a penalty, advantage is given and someone puts the ball in net Ronaldo goes mad at the ref for not given a penalty that he would take.
People will say that drive makes him the best but its a team game and Ronaldo 100% spells team with an “I”.

I doubt it’s had that much impact on Pogba unless it’s led to a bump in how much Utd are going to pay him…

3 Likes

To get them to continue to overpay for underperforming players?

Ace. :+1:

9 Likes

Please let this happen. Pogba is shit and will want 400k a week to stay.

1 Like

It’s been a good few years laughing at them, I’m getting worried.

1 Like

Let me assuage your fannying and remind you - Ole is not a PL level manager. He has fallen ass-backwards into managing one of the biggest teams in the world, and has still won the total of fuck all, despite having the second most expensive squad ever assembled at his disposal, and apparently the tutelage and guidance of Alex Ferguson himself. If United win anything other than the league cup this year, I will eat my own arse.

5 Likes

Yeah they had to trot out old whiskey nose to get the alleged rapist to sign for twice the money City was offering.

1 Like

Correct. They’ll finish 4th this year because there is a massive drop off in the league after them. They’ll still be miles off the title, and won’t sniff the CL, and likely not the FA cup, though I guess that’s always possible. The literally have no midfield though. Shit CBs, shit RB, and a whole load of forwards. They’ll win a lot of games and score a lot of goals, but will drop a load of stupid points along the way. Expecting Ole to compete in a league where you have Teuchel, Klopp, and Pep is like me expecting my missus to win a beauty contest against Margo Robbie, Gal Gadot, and Milana Vayntrub. Sure, she’ll give it a go, but she’s got no chance.

1 Like

Not really surprised to see a Ronaldo bashfest in here, after the media wankfest over his debut where he scored two and they looked like they could actually compete. anyone who says he wouldn’t be in contention for a GOAT nomination is lying to themselves, plain and simple.

His consistency has transcended 3 leagues and a national team title as well for the Euro. has won three different leagues, who else has done that? Look at his career acheivements page, I had to look it up and was really surprised how much he has won:

1 Like

Many players I presume. Henry, Robben, Zlatan. If we look at the trophies Ramos has won, it’ll look as impressive. Maybe even more given he’s won the Euros twice and a world cup as well. Just because he’s stayed at one club and is a defender, does it make it less meaningful? If winning in multiple countries is needed to prove you’re the best, we’ll never have players who are loyal and play for the badge.

I don’t deny he’s a great footballer, but these statistics used to define his greatness doesn’t give a complete picture and is skewed due the importance given to goal scorers and team trophies (a problem individual honours has as well)

3 Likes

There is also another way of looking at it. Let’s say Solskjaer doesn’t win anything big with Man United this season. He finishes in top four, wins League Cup or FA Cup but he’s ultimately deemed unsuitable for the biggest honours. Their next manager won’t be Gary Neville, it will be someone of the highest calibre and he will inherit a squad brimming with talent and experience and with a budget that rivals that of Man City and Chelsea, with only one or two positions needing an upgrade. Meanwhile, Klopp and Guardiola are reaching the end of their respective roads in PL, allowing Man United to dominate the league for years. That’s the nightmare scenario, one that I’m dreading more than them winning something big this season.

1 Like

Of course they would…we had Suarez …who is a massive dickhead, liar and cheat amongst other things. …or at least he would be in most people’s eyes if he had played for United or City.

It amused me that a poster on TIA who had defended him to the hilt over the racism allegations then called him a racist cheating twat after the Barcelona first leg…

Football fans and especially those on a forum are in the main hugely hypocritical.

Most fans never see past the colour of the shirt…

3 Likes

Exactly this.

We have had many players over the years who were complete bellends

2 Likes

They might get the manager and they might have the funds but the idea of them only needing an upgrade here and there is a fallacy. Henderson will never be what De Gea has been over the years, Varane is not the youngest, Maguire is shit and Wan Bissaka can tackle but that’s about it. Their midfield is wank and they have Ronaldo and Cavani as two out of six attackers with Martial being fairly crap, Rashford good but overrated with Greenwood and perhaps Sancho the only ones I would say are shining lights for the future in that entire team.

They will hammer some teams, be a good cup team but a team brimming with talent already there for someone to come in and mould into a force in the next few years? Not for me. A year on from now there will still be gaping holes in that squad.

4 Likes