The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Might have predicted too early. Anyway dire side, dire club…long may Ole reign

1 Like

Certainly has caused a bit of a wankfest. McNulty on the Beeb is likening it to the glory days, Fergie time will rule once again, the crowds are jubilant and staying in after the game to serenade a famous victory over a mighty and savage opponent … in match week 2 against Villarreal.

We know that level of desperation, 8 years on from their last PL win and it seems they still haven’t quite realised at which state of denial they’re in just yet…

10 Likes

Everything Ronaldo does causes a wank fest.
The worlds richest club having to rely on a 36 year old is quite something.
The other summer signings Varane and Sancho look awful.
They got lucky as DDG was in top form for first time in a while.

4 Likes

Good they ignore all other aspects because of the focus on “OH MY GOD RONALDO IS BACK”

2 Likes

It’s interesting that this has been said about him a few times this season, I wonder if he really has turned the corner.

2 Likes

DDG prevented Utd from being 3-0 down at half time. He was their man of the match, definitely.

6 Likes

You could sense Ronaldo’s frustration last night with the way they’re playing lately. From speaking about fighting for the league and CL to “tonight was key if we want to qualify from the group”. Also criticized his own performance. Yeah, Cristiano, this team is not quite what you’re used to.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

This the same McNulty that fapped himself brainless just 24 hours before over a regulation one-two and finish just because the finisher was Messi? Yeah I think I know the one.

2 Likes

Yeah I was slightly confused when I logged on to the BBC on Tuesday after spanking Porto to see the top three stories were about Messi scoring a goal.

Then I remembered it was the BBC.

4 Likes

It’s lovely to see De Gea get MOTM performances now and again, because we all know he’s prone to big errors when least expecting it.

4 Likes

If DDG has turned a corner that’s disappointing if he hasn’t then we’ve got something to look forward too :rofl:

2 Likes

I was listening to Radio 2 on Wednesday morning and they were replaying the ‘hysterical’ commentary for Messi’s goal . Then it was Pep going on about “It’s not possible to control Messi for 90 minutes”. After that, all that was said about our game was “ Elsewhere Liverpool won 5-1 at Porto”. Nothing more.
As for not being able to control Messi, Pep obviously didn’t watch the game at Anfield, when we twatted Barcelona 4-0! The only time we saw Messi that night, was when Robbo ruffled his hair for him and he spat his dummy out.

5 Likes

De Gea probably is in a bit of a rebound, but I’ll still take Alisson. Again, it’s not as if he’s been complete shit the last few years, he’s just been more prone to clangers. Just like their unbeaten PL away streak, what goes up must come down.

If a comeback win over Villarreal is something to celebrate with so much fervor, then they really are shit. And, if I had to choose that they won either last night or May’s Europa League final, I’m OK with last night.

3 Likes

People bang on about Varane — and I get that he’s won most everything — but I really don’t get the hype. And they’ve conceded in pretty much every game he’s played, so it’s not like the clean sheets have been rolling in.

They’ve had us in the 90s as an example of what not to do and yet (even with way more money than we had at that time) they seem to keep on doing it. :crazy_face:

1 Like

De Gea is a perfect example how things can go unexpectedly south with GK’s. I’m a bit tired when I hear this “all GK’s peak only in their 30’s”. No, they don’t. Certainly not all. We can’t pretend like all goalkeepers are examples like, I don’t know, Buffon, vdSar, etc. Rises and drops are not linear. De Gea might be showing better form lately, but I think his consistently best days are over. And it’s okay, they’re not robots. He was brilliant for a good number of years. We should not forget that. Stylistically was never a great fit for Spain. Spanish defenders in front of him used to moan to their staff about his ball playing ability. But we have to stop with these myths that they will all become monsters deep in their 30’s. Bad surprises will happen in that case.

3 Likes

Have to say, DeGea was shit when he first came to the prem, the. Genuinely became the worlds best. Has been shit for best part of 2-3 years however, worryingly he is starting to look more like the world class degea of 3 years ago.

Still not that worried that…. #Ole

1 Like

Either way, he’s on £375kpw - silly money for a keeper that can’t command his box and prone to the odd error. No doubt, a good shot stopper, but then so was Sy the ming.

2 Likes

A win is a win. I think it’s a great result for us as the orgasmic outpouring keeps Ole safe in his job for another while so I support** them jizzing themselves over the victory and the need to continue to buy aging stars on humungous wages. If we didn’t already know, results over the course of calendar 2021 prove that he isn’t going to win them the big trophies so the longer he can stay there and flatter to deceive the better. The longer the period of (relative) mediocrity the weaker the club will be if/when they finally get things together.

**. Note: I have the benefit of being able to switch off the wankfest as I am 10,000 miles away

1 Like

WDWWLWLLW - very nice form, just what we need to keep the hope alive for them.

3 Likes

I wonder if CR7’s face looked like these after scoring in injury time last night. (image of CR7 in Konami eFootball game.)