The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Effectively if he keeps them qualifying for the Champions League the Glazers will be happy.

Similar in a way to us without the millions spent every year on the team.

It’s like overcompensating because other parts are far poorer.

2 Likes

Yep, I also think there’s a narrative for using signings to keep the fans quiet. Ronaldo, for me, exemplifies this. From developing a balanced squad perspective he makes little sense. Claiming the return of the prodigal son to keep Twitter happy on the other hand. Cavani may also be in that category.

3 Likes

The dilemma for the fans of the redshite mancs is that they still deluding themselves into believing that when Ole Gob-Shite hits the six-year period without winning any silverware… then the magical history attached to Old Whisky Nose will suddenly kick-in… and Ole will lead them to glory after glory thereafter…
When anyone with an ounce of footballing sense, can plainly see he ain’t ever gonna be the manager to eclipse Ferguson

2 Likes

The self righteous mantra Utd fans told us in the period after Fergie that Utd dont fire their manager was one of the dumbest ideas I’ve ever heard. It used to wind me up for the sheer stupidity of it, but now I enjoy it as evidence of their magical thinking that prevents them making real choices.

3 Likes

1 Like

Shut the fuck up Carra!!!

4 Likes

Exactly, Carra’s doing more damage from our perspective than ((Keane * Neville)^(Keane * Neville))

1 Like

Not to mention Rio, all a bit old boys club?

1 Like
3 Likes

Shouldn’t OGS keep this behind close doors?

No fun in that. Jurgen has the right philosophy, there are more important things to life than football.

5 Likes

If any other coach had said this to Marcus Rashford OBE, he’d be pilloried. But the Manc Media Squad will shield Ole, no worries. Great man management.

4 Likes

An even better idea would be for him to prioritise getting the fuck out of that theme park club and go and play for a coach who will actually improve him.

5 Likes

Isn’t that what certain Conservative MPs said to him after he missed a penalty in the summer and they were rightly pilloried.

If Klopp said that say about Henderson I think I’d be angry, it should be kept behind doors in my view. If Ole wants to raise it raise it to Rashford directly.

There are far worse things a player can be distracted by and some of Ole’s former mates would know wouldn’t they Rio?

1 Like

Has anyone seen Giggs? :wink:

2 Likes

The local police station do for his bail conditions every fortnight

3 Likes

and his sister-in-law the rest of the time :rofl:

4 Likes

dunno, as usual the facts are probably buried in the story…Ole probably framed it a different way, maybe in a more pertinent way, you really need to know all the context and stay ontop of the whole interview.

that would entail clicking on the link and reading it though, so ill just stay uninformed

1 Like

He’s a really good player and a jewel of a human being (I hate the fact that he’s playing for them of all clubs). This is really poor form from Solskjaer, he (and other PL managers) should be encouraging such behaviour, not the opposite. A 23 year-old millionaire fighting against poverty and racism instead of spending his free time doing what majority of his colleagues do…

10 Likes

And on Tuesdays, he demonstrates how to walk on water …