The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Ronaldo and his agent played a blinder. Dangled man city and sucked in Utd.

Sancho looks like I thought he would, still lots of time thou.

2 Likes

The dreaded vote of confidence.

1 Like

His post-match comments were even more inane , and embarrassing , than usual.

3 Likes

Last season there was a gif doing the round of them conceding while Maguire was literally running away from the guy who would score. Sure, it’s out of context, but he did it twice today, including with Vardy’s winner. He sees Vardy, makes a step towards him, and then inexplicably turns and runs back towards his goal for no apparent reason.

Defensively they are a shambles and routinely concede terrible goals. It’s similar to how we were under Rodgers - plenty of players back but none doing the right thing or having any idea what each other is doing.

3 Likes

Whilst Ole is obviously a bit shit, United fans are really overrating their squad.

Their defence is shit. Maguire, Lindelof and Wan Bissaka are starting a lot of games and are crap. Clearly a step down in class from us, City and Chelsea. Shaw and Varane the only good defenders they have. The rest of their back ups are rubbish players.

Their midfield 2 is shit. Fred, Mctominay, Matic and Pogba (when he plays there) is an awful set of midfielders compared to United’s supposed competition.

Up front they’ve got some good players, but still not the best selection of talent in the league.

Why anyone thought this squad was going to win the league is beyond me. Transfer window hype in all its absurdity.

15 Likes

I said a month ago their defence and midfield are several levels below ours.

On reflection, I was being generous!

8 Likes

I’d say you got it about right if you were still thinking of Phillips, Williams and Kabak.

4 Likes

“Bruno Fernandes spent much of the game complaining to referee Craig Pawson.”

Boom.

6 Likes

:man_shrugging: Yep, a perfect emoji for Ole Gob-Shite :0)

Iconic moment in this week’s vid.

@7.26 he is screaming WE’RE BACK IN IT!!! as Vardy scores Leicester’s third.

3 Likes

Harry McGuire is no better than Phillips, he got shown up today time and time again.

2 Likes

The difference is Philips knows his limitations Slabhead doesn’t he thinks he’s some ball playing centre back.

3 Likes
1 Like

Just watching MOTD. My lord they’re a mess.

Maguire is awful but you look at the squad it’s jammed with good players but they haven’t got a clue what they’re doing.

Complete lack of desire as well.

1 Like

I fear them getting even a half decent manager. Someone really good who would walk in there are and bin Maguire and Wanbissaka, insist on a good midfield and not take any of Ronaldo’s bullshit would be a nightmare scenario.

1 Like

McGuire cost £80mil more than our Joel.!

7 Likes

Harry Maguire - £80m

Our whole back five today - £83m

5 Likes

Are they jammed with good players though that’s debatable. I think them sneaking 2nd last year when we were injury ravaged and Chelsea had to do with Frank for half a season has raised expectations to much.

2 Likes

I think they have some good players, chiefly up top, but their defence and midfield is really poor. If De Gea’s run of form is over, the could probably do with a keeper too.

1 Like

Possibly but you look at the team sheet and there’s good players - apparently. But they look utterly lost, no game plan or idea how they should be playing tactically.

To me signing Ronaldo has gone 100% to plan. He sits there does f all and then that filters down through the rest.

4 Likes