The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

They have some good players but Ole don’t seem to have much of a clue about how to get them to work as a team, signing Ronaldo was a mistake because he has more say than Ole.

3 Likes

Based on MOTD he kept them in the game again I’d say. Midfield was missing and defensively they’re just poor. Leicester pressed them and they collapsed.

2 Likes

For me it was “it’s not even a joke anymore”.

Or Steve Bruce :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:joy: but they won’t appoint Steve Bruce. They like him where his. At a bottom half club rolling over and having his tummy tickled twice a season.

1 Like

I suspect he’ll be available about Christmas time? Could work well this :slight_smile:

And that would be the greatest appointment of all time, I’d need a week off to get over the sprained chuckle muscles.

2 Likes

How much has the smiling twerp spent since taking the job and won fuck all.

1 Like

Seeing a lot of unjustified criticism of OGS in this thread. Just wanna say:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Just caught wind of this and honestly, what an absolute fucking bellend he is to even dare suggest that. I have no doubts that Marcus will pay no fucking attention to him and continue to fight for the many worthy causes he believes in.

3 Likes

and isn’t 1/4th of the player that Joel is.

2 Likes

“Is it time…”…oh no, the Manc Media Squad is coming out of the meth induced haze!

1 Like

Some expert player analysis on redcafe

Bruno - would play him as second striker from now on. With him taking up our AM role previously, it is actually a disaster for our midfield, I really think he is part of problem for our very poor midfield play, as he moves/stays too further up the pitch and involves very little in our build up play. But he is great at providing final balls and scoring goals, he is still the biggest assists for us.

Greenwood - he could be great backup for Ronaldo, or rotate with Bruno and moves further up front, or make a great impact subs. It will be big loss without him on the pitch, but we have to fix our midfield, that’s our top top priority.

Rashford - I think he could rotate with Bruno and moves further up front, and make a great impact subs. His pace would be great assists, but unfortunately we have to sacrifice our our wing forward players to pack more numbers in midfield.

Cavani - he could be great backup for Ronaldo, or rotate with Bruno and moves further up front, or make a great impact subs. I think his pressing is very valuable to the team, but he seems having some fitness issues too.

Sancho - put him to our reserve. He doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near our first team as of now. 0 contribution in our attack after 10 games. Totally useless.

Martial - bench warmer, nothing more nothing less.

The problem ofcourse are the strikers

4 Likes

Normally I copy over funny posts…

Here’s a whole thread of them…

3 Likes

Interesting question…we used Fab etc…what would they do??

Matic and McTominay?

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother too much. This is the same McNulty who was preaching to the heavens that their glory days are back and how the fans were serenading glorious victory over Villarreal. The media blow with the wind and Ronaldo will be a genius the next time he scores a goal and Ole will be a managerial God once again with the next win.

Owen Hargreaves stated yesterday that on paper, United have a title winning squad and that sort of theme has permeated throughout opinion of them, including some on here, but when you thoroughly evaluate that squad you will find gaping holes in almost every area;

De Gea is in a rich vein of form again but while he’s a great shot stopper when on form he adds nothing else to the team in the way that Alisson or Edison do and Henderson is a significant downgrade.

Their defence is shoddy. Maguire is literally stealing a living based on a reputation completely undeserved. He is slow, ungainly, quite brainless in his decision making and just… shit. His performance yesterday was startlingly bad and his action, or lack of thereof as applicable, was quite in evidence for 3 of the goals. Utterly shocking as a player and not a word about it generally and he’s undroppable as the captain. If his name was Henri de M’guire and was bought from Lyon for 80m he’d have been run out of the Premier League by now. Varane is older and experienced but he’s not the future of that defence and Lindelhof… Then there is Shaw and Wan Bissaka on either side. As back ups you’ve got Phil Jones, Dalot and Telles… Anyone thinking that is a title winning defence even in the hands of a competent manager is stretching credulity a bit.

Midfield consists of Fred, Mctominay, Pogba, Mata (he’s still there, can you believe), Matic, Lingaard, Van Der Beek and Fernandes. Again that is unbalanced and disfunctional by any stretch and the midfields of us, City and Chelsea are superior in virtually any rotation, position or formation.

The only part of their squad with any real depth and quality is in their attack and even there you can really make a case for it not being utilised effectively. Ronaldo will score goals but he’s unbalanced any structure they might have had while Greenwood and Rashford are sidelined to an extent.

They really are a team of individuals relying on those with some talent to pull through and get them goals upfront and arguably the most important individuals for them have been the referees! They’ve been jammying wins and salvaging draws on soft pens for years. Now that it’s all a bit of a drought on that front it’s no coincidence that the results have suffered as well.

6 Likes

His own comments (and Ronaldo’s clear frustration) suggest to me that the players are tiring of Ole’s bullshit and non-tactics.

1 Like

There is a massive elephant in the room in all that.

1 Like

For some reason what he was watching was a full five minutes behind Canal+ here in France. My anticipation at his reaction to what I knew was coming was a special kind of pleasure yesterday.