The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

No, they expect everyone to back up and support the elephant

Those who said he would make them worse were right.

1 Like

Do they still think Wan Bissaka >>>>>> Trent?
And the shouts of Trent come out ?

Am starting to think Clyne was better lol.

Ronaldo and Pogba together ran a total of 4kms yesterday.*

*May not have happened but totally believable.

2 Likes

CR: I told Pogba to run, he ran 4 KM today.

Suuuuiiiii…

Deary me…

@JU97ICE

10 Likes

FFS, Salah is going to get Ole sacked.

4 Likes

Here is my biggest worry for ole.
He has transformed our squad and bought harmony and unity back to Manchester united (i think the way he handled pogbas off field issues has been good) . He got rid of players that didnt fit (fellaini lukaku etc) and there is a genuine feel good factor within the squad (with a few exceptions). The connection between the team and fans is also the least toxic its been since fergie.

Point is, since fergie left this is the best shape the club has been in. He is owed a massive thank you for that. My issue is that i do not believe he is good enough to take us to the next level. However we are primed for a top manager to take us there. As i said, we’ve not been this ready since fergie left.

My concern for ole is that if he sticks around for a further 6 months, it threatens to undo all of that. Pogba will leave, lingard will get a new contract, vdb will be gone, ronaldo will be disillusioned, sanchos confidence will be shot, the squad harmony will disappear. It will tarnish the good work he has done here. I dont want to see that. He needs to be replaced Asap while we’re still in a position where a top manager can walk in and take us to the title.

The above is a single post from the caf. Absolutely love this logic. The feel good factor is the base on which the new manager can build! :joy: As if everything mentioned above cannot be undone by the new manager. They are so afraid to call Ole a shit manager, they have to defend his contribution somehow.

1 Like

We do that to United managers. Suarez, Shaq and now Salah.

3 Likes

The situation I was referring to he was expecting Tielemans to slip a ball to the player running wide, so went to cover him. But I just don’t understand why you’d do that. If you are two on one against, then focusing on the ball carrier is surely the correct option? Maybe in some sports like ice hockey where the keeper is more at an advantage (I don’t follow the sport) you might give the ball(puck) carrier to the keeper and cover the pass, but surely not in football.

Take the ball carrier, try to tackle or intercept. Moving away to cover a potential pass to give him a clear shot is really fucking stupid.

3 Likes

A Caf nuffy is blaming Dortmund for Sancho bombing so far. They were greedy, apparently, and had they sold him last year he’d be better now. WTAF???

Someone on Twitter send him this: ‘Jadon…mate…it’s not too late…we’ll have ya, and JK will turn you into a superstar.’

4 Likes

I :heart: Shaq

3 Likes

Let’s be honest: United with their resources will return to the summit at some stage. The party we are currently living will have to end.

Even with a new manager that wants to right the ship, they are in such an appalling position squad-wise that they are multiple years away from clearing that really really expensive dead wood. The only line they don’t really need fixing is their offensive line, which they continue to tinker with, but defense and midfield are shocking.

3 Likes

Drives me nuts in Aussie Rules and Carlton are fucking masters at it!!!

1 Like

Got rid of Lukaku because he doesn’t press from the front, only to sign Ronaldo who doesn’t press from the front.

:joy:

I like Ole and credit to him for bringing in quality players, but he is limited and reached his limits already

Ole got in the quality players, not Glazers.

Drop Ronaldo and return to the free flowing quality we saw last season

What free flowing football?

This has to be a WUM right?
:laughing:

2 Likes

Thread started in Jul 21…lotsa Maguire early on…

Not so much now…

See post #10 for some really special window-licking…

3 Likes

I can’t believe they would compare slabhead to those 3.

I wouldn’t even but im at a similar level to Phillips

3 Likes

Think they’d struggle massively, Matip would be destroyed he is so so slow.

Nah. Let him rot in man utd and look at us with envy when he get the likes of sarr doku etc and turn them into worldies.