The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

21 posts in before they mention Liverpool. That’s actually quite good by their standards, normally it’s two or three

4 Likes

Norwich is a better coached side than them

Nah, I’m only planning to live for another 60 years max :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you think about it though that would have to be what, another 5/6 transfers they have to get right on top of appointing the right manager. Recent history suggests the people in charge of that club are consistently getting these decisions wrong. I don’t doubt that pretty much any other manager could go in there and probably set them up better than they are currently are and get a tune out of a few of their underperforming players, but it’s become a huge gulf that they have to overcome now to get close to the level of us and City. There is no quick fix for them anymore, they’re going to be in the fucking mud for a number of years.

1 Like

And then when hi mate Bellingham arrives at Anfield he can watch in disppear as his old mate racks up the trophies whilst he sits ont he bench keeping Gollum company as the OT staff retarmac the pitch to allow Ronaldos zimmer fram to be as sturdy as possible

1 Like

I actually agree with what that poster said. After the shit show that was Mourinho having someone that could pull everyone back together is no bad thing. We did it with Dalglish after Woy. Although there is more than a little difference in quality of the manager there.

Ole isn’t good enough, we all know that. It’s funny that United fans are only starting to realise now. I’m waiting for the penny to drop with Ferdinand.

3 Likes

I’m hoping you meant Matic…otherwise, wash your mouth out!!!

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Here you go.

Marcus has done some remarkable and fantastic things," added Solskjaer as Rashford prepares to return from the shoulder operation he had following Euro 2020. “But now he maybe needs to prioritise his football.”

What a bellend.

4 Likes

What is it with Maguire? He’s just poor and yet something at Leicester warranted United paying a heap of money for him. Even if the fee was bloated by £40m he’d still be overpriced based on what I’ve seen. Even at today’s prices I’d be questioning whether he’s worth 25% of what United paid for him.

I know the midfield cover is awful but there’s so much other stuff in his game that’s just really nowhere near the level of a top central defender. I mean we’ve seen and had a few shockers in our time.

Just had a revelation, Lovren was better.

2 Likes

I think that quote should have read

Marcus has done some remarkable and fantastic things, but now he maybe needs to prioritise his football." Said Solskjaer, who this summer spent £20m on a 37 year old former club legend ahead of Rashford in the pecking order, for PR and marketing reasons.

6 Likes

That second one looks like Alan Hansen.

:joy:

I think it’s Downing Syndrome. Player (usually English) arrives a final destination club, feels they’ve made it, and their game falls to shit.

3 Likes

Quite a collapse. I didn’t see a lot of him at Leicester but I wonder if those around him made him look a lot better than he was? He had Kante in front of him who was a monster at the time.

That shouldn’t really be possible under expert eyes at this level but I’m honestly bemused by it.

2 Likes

They conceded goals because of a shit system and the manager being totally naive.

Brendan and his team conceded goals more due to some bad luck and individual mistakes.

Liverpool’s defensive frailties could be coached with probably one right transfer. United could add the best defenders in the world and watch them transter into maguire mk 2

1 Like

Don’t think maguire played for leicester under ranieri.

Anyway he was made to look competent at Leicester largely due to jonny evans

Shows how much I know :laughing:

1 Like

Maguire had robbo as his team mate for a fair while too. I think there definetly is a pattern there…

I love how their outrage at people’s takes when the hired him that having managed Molde and relegated Cardiff he wasn’t good enough, is now the accepted position on the Caf.

2 Likes

Of course, he was also at Hull. Completely forgotten about that.

Just looking at Wiki, he was apparently voted Leicesters player of the season and players player in 2017-18.

It gets better. United offered £70m in 2018, they later backed down considering the fee too high. A year later they came back with an £80m offer. That’s logic right there.

1 Like

Robbos defensive game is another beast altogether and one which helps vvd immensely.

Maguire would have been supported and propped by robbo in their hull days too.

1 Like