The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Watched enough of leicester play with maguire in their squad… He wasn’t their best defender then too… Daresay he could have progressed better under someone like Jose but 80m for someone who wasnt even among the top 10 cb in league then is idiotic

1 Like

You you plan to be gone before Ole?

1 Like

Nat Phillips and rhys williams are better too

2 Likes

There’s an excellent young up and coming pundit called Gary Neville who has confidence that Ole will be given more time as new signings are settling in.
I hope people will listen to such thoughtful and informed voices.

6 Likes

Skrtel, Sakho…the list is too long

1 Like

Can’t help but laugh at the bloke following his little rant yesterday after Ole essentially picked the exact same team that when asked last week Neville himself said he would be starting.

1 Like

We need them to beat Atalanta because then we might be able to get away with beating them at Old Toilet and still not get Ole the sack. They’ve got a decent squad. It’s completely unbalanced but a manager who knew what they were doing would get a tune out of those players. Not only that but they would sign better players for the system the manager wants and needs. Ole has no strategy or tactical plan so it’s irrelevant what players he has. A good manager with that sort of spending power behind him would turn them round very quickly. The longer he stays there the better.

3 Likes

Yeah, we might have to do the unthinkable and cheer them on in midweek. Then, when we play them, we will have to hope it’s not too much of a thrashing. Anything more than 3-0 could be curtains for the loveable little ferret.
It feels wrong on so many levels, but he mustn’t get the sack!

3 Likes

Thanks SBYM, that was an amusing way to start the day… my personal favourite was this gem.

How many points per game did Jose get (in a much less competitive league with dire performances in the champions league).
Last season we played better football than under Jose. 100%. And then if Dortmund hadn’t been greedy and we struck a deal with Sancho he would already be vetted in this team. The Ronaldo signing I wanted but only under the impression we would sign a DM. Otherwise we always needed a RW and. DM and Cavani and Greenwood were perfectly fine for CF.

Haha fucking hell yes…

Tbh Matip gets in first choice in their midfield.

4 Likes

Yep!

I loved that one, too.

How dare Dortmund think of themselves??! They’re Manchester United!!!

1 Like

And neither does he do any of the coaching , which begs the question ; wtf does he do?

1 Like

I can’t stop laughing at the McNulty headline…

‘Is it time to ask…??’

Dude…most sane people were asking that question at least two years ago…but sure…fill yer boots!!!

4 Likes

Glorified cheerleader. Remember when they had the audacity to call Klopp that :joy:

Football Solskjaer GIF by Manchester United

4 Likes

He’s joining in with that due deference bullshit befitting of a Utd legend. What a twat.

1 Like

… and have the divine right to have any player they want and no club should have the audacity to ask for fair compensation.

Baffling that somebody with that level of intelligence had the brain power to sign up to a forum in the first place.

3 Likes

wouldn’t mind him playing the Fabinho role in midfield too actually for us.

He does quite a lot of things that a midfielder should be doing.

2 Likes

The Leicester side he played in was edge of the 6 yard box defender head and kick everything away. Man United are expected to be more than this more expansive playing ball from back and operating a much higher line which doesn’t suit him.

3 Likes

One more golden gem of a thread

Frankly, United is closing the gap with City, in terms of managerial memes.

4 Likes