The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I think skill wise he’s be great but I’m not sure his body would cope with the demands of playing midfield… Fabinho covers a lot of ground.

1 Like

Not sure but I remember reading somewhere that Matip runs the most with the ball out of any Liverpool player.

1 Like

I’ve said it before, If he wasnt english he’d be much higher rated.

One of the most under-appreciated players we have. He’s been a good signing

QuickBackBushsqueaker-max-1mb

If you watch it from the other angle, it was Wan Bissaka who was marking him and completely lost him. So, that’s actually what 130 million gets you :joy:

And that really sums up the debate. It’s difficult to say with a straight face that the manager needs better players when they’ve spend as highly as they have on the players they’ve brought in. But the fundamental issue is that at the back they have spent 130 million quid of two players who are mainstays of their team who are absolutely no where the conversation of Prem XI. You’d have to get to a 3rd or 4th team before you could take their claims seriously. You can win a title like that, but not when those players are supposed to be your foundations.

3 Likes

I also read that he’s always the first one at the buffet, and the last to leave.

You can tell…always looks 5-7kg overweight.

The weird thing is if/when the BBC do their combined XI before our game against them, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Maguire, Ronaldo and Pogba included because many will still rate Maguire as better than any of ours other than VVD and Ronaldo will be considered better than Bobby.

Even Shaw might scrape in after the Euro hype over the summer.

3 Likes

A fool and his money…

Classic if true. Poking fun at Bruno penalty miss apology, I assume. Funny but dangerous.

Is welcome in my shop :wink:

Man Utd, after two decades of mostly sustained success, have been in a cycle of bad decisions since Fergie retired. You can sort of see the thinking with each individual decision, but it’s not working out, sufficiently, for them to threaten the top. Long may it continue. And all against a backdrop of growing debt, as the Glazers hollow them out from within.

Solksjaer - did his job as a healing sort of presence after a busted flush in Mourinho. Obviously not good enough, but given his past deeds for them, they have persisted longer than they otherwise might have. Hopefully that continues.

But after galvanizing them, the bad decisions continue. Ronaldo is all wrong. He will score, but he doesn’t work hard enough, and his presence is so oversized that he actually stifles others. In a way you would put up with that for a peak Ronaldo, but not now. Man Utd should have Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho firing up front and tearing teams apart, all working hard, all well coached, with good movement and so on. Imagine Klopp and our coaches working with them… it would be light years better.

There remains the danger that they will get someone in who really knows what they are doing. Tchouameni in the midfield, downgrade Ronaldo as the team shouldn’t be built around him, find someone like Konate to play alongside Varane, and all of a sudden, they could be title challengers.

Harry Maguire is rubbish. He had a purple patch at Leicester, where he brought the ball out a bit too, and given the English hype, and Man Utd’s need, it all blew out of control. But he’s a very modest player, maybe a tiny bit better than Philipps, but even that is arguable. If he was at Liverpool he would be fifth choice central defender, at best.

If they bin Oleh I sort of hope they go for Zidane, a big name, but I could see fireworks if he came, and no guarantee of success.

2 Likes

I have no doubt it will be a tough game next week, the Everton syndrome will kick it but it won’t kid anyone with half a brain.

If they lose as badly as they did or should have yesterday then it probably gets pretty toxic.

The set up is still all wrong, think about us and how we would go about improving that team, Klopp would get the players he needs and so he would be set after one or two markets.

They need to rebuild and they need to most certainly dump the idea of playing around one player which seems the case as it ever worked in football?

Never worked for us.Yes Salah scores goals but when he isn’t Mane is, Firmino is, the title winning season others stepped up perfectly displayed in the 4-0 against Barca.

Effectively it reads Ronaldo vs Liverpool if he has another poor game then they are in trouble.

Enjoyed this one:
I guess you didn’t watch the Chelsea game. They were getting outplayed before the red card. And after red card, they didnt create enough chances, and 10 man Chelsea also had some chances to score. Draw was a fair result.

The question is what have they improved from last season? The answer is nothing. Van Dijk may improve defence but he isnt the same anymore. They lost Gini, and their midfield vulnerabilities can be exploited by quality teams. And their key players cannot sustain peak form entire season.

Man Utd has to he favourite next game.LFC have poor record there , and LFC weak link is their captain.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t make fun of children.

2 Likes

But srsly…lol

1 Like

Surely so many Liverpool fans defending Ole should be an immediate flag to Utd…

5 Likes

Jordan Henderson Lol GIF by Liverpool FC

10 Likes

To be honest, Henderson has been inconsistent this season, dare I say below par, but I’ll take the liability that he is as club’s captain over the liability that is the captain of Man United at this moment, thank you very much.

As for Maguire, he genuinely caught my eye at Hull (while Robertson didn’t - sorry about that!) because he was built as a classic, slow but tall Championship centre back but played as a proper ball-playing one. I even wrote on TIA that he would have been a good option for Liverpool had he been quicker. Credit to Leicester for absolutely fleecing Man United, though I think he’s a really good centre back, just not one suited to what Man United are at the moment.

2 Likes

You mean a football team?

Been a while since the scum were one of them. More of a synchronised diving team these days.

1 Like

:rofl: