The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Phil Jones will be the savior for them.

1 Like

Juve were not great with Ronaldo last season and they’re still not great either. Arguably started the season a little bit worse. Roma deserved something from the game last night.

1 Like

Ah I just went off their games, 5 wins in a row!

Si senor, pass the ball to Harry and he’ll let you score.

5 Likes

We have def reached peak top-half-of-the-table-Utd banter.

There are three levels to go: bottom-half-of-the-table-Utd, relegation-battle-Utd, and the Holy Grail of banter, relegated-Utd.

Surely this team only has the first of those options in it, but you never know… :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

It depends how long the Glazers decide to stick with Ole.

I think he could seriously relegate this squad given enough time.

1 Like

United fans would prevent football matches from taking place so that Maguire can’t head them into relegation.

2 Likes

That’s a little harsh. Under Klopp he’d be great and I think would make our first team. Agree with above that he’d be the only one

1 Like

Only players I would consider are Rashford/Greenwood/Sancho. These three would thrive under Klopp.

For me these are the only players that could naturally fit into our team. Both in terms of talent and personality.

The attitude of many of their players, their age, or deficiencies on the pitch (in Ronaldo case I have issues with all three) means the majority I would steer well clear of. Not Klopp type players. Be it hard work, team spirit, pressing or humility.

3 Likes

Agree with that. Their three young strikers, for Klopp and our coaches to shape, such that they can come off the bench and perhaps in time replace one or two of our men up top.

Apart from that, there’s nothing worth looking at, for us.

how can you have 0.7 of a press?

surely thats not per 90?

if so, is someone honestly trying to say Zaha presses 20 times a game…as in, once every 4.06 minutes…im struggling with that.

1 Like

Buying Bruno and putting him on the bench would be nice. That way the cheating git isn’t winning penalties for them.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Why don’t you go and read the article instead of constantly making “eddie” type posts. It’s pretty fucking obvious.

Let’s be redbj for a day…

Poster 1 - Wow the sky is blue
Redbj - Is it though? I’d say it’s light blue with a hint of purple… Can you define “blue”…

2 Likes

Tried to read it but there’s a paywall

It says pressures per 90, which means pressuring the ball i.e. cutting off a passing lane, actively pressing etc.

Ahem…

“The sky isn’t actually blue and the sun isn’t actually yellow — they just appear that way. … The shorter blue and violet wavelengths get scattered most by the air, making the sky around us appear that way.”

Nabbed largely from some website I was just reading

:rofl:

4 Likes

Cavanni showed last year he can still more than do a job. I hate the term over rated because its completely dependent on you making up a perception of how other people rate the player, but to me he is one the most under rated players of the last decade. Where ever he’s played he’s been excellent, while running his bollocks off and often carrying water for more high profile players who then get the plaudits. One of the best bits about them landing Ronaldo was it meant less time for Cavanni.

9 Likes

i suppose i couldnt be bothered.

didnt think it was that big a deal.

onwards we go.

1 Like

He presses once every 128.6 minutes. :wink:
That’s on the generous side.
Just helping.