The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Ouch

" Last season United would have sat deep against a side like Liverpool. They would have packed the midfield and looked to strike on the break. But this season they cannot do that because of Cristiano Ronaldo. He has to play, because he is Cristiano Ronaldo. He offers almost nothing in the defensive phase because he is Cristiano Ronaldo. He is not mobile enough to play as Solskjær often previously had his forwards play against high-level opposition in a sort of 4-4-2 diamond with two wide strikers because he is 36. His goals, as they did against Atalanta last Wednesday, may bring United results, but he is like some gorgeous wallpaper from an Edgar Allan Poe short story, hiding the cracks while simultaneously causing the wall to crumble."

10 Likes

Not even worried anymore about Ole getting the chop.

They need seven new players, all of whom need to be willing to travel to Kazakhstan on a Thursday night.

Best of luck to them.

5 Likes

Well said.

Hey Ole if you’re on the forums ignore my previous post. I think the 4-2-4 is magical and you just gotta let the ballers ball. Keep it up. You’re doing great!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

give ole some slack guys , he’s a closet Liverpool fan

I’ll go. With a bit of training I reckon I could run further than Pogba and Ronaldo combined.

sorta feeling Liverpool possibly kept ole in the job by not finishing 8-0

5 Likes

What do your abs/haircut look like though?

2 Likes

I’ve only seen Konate play twice but I would put him on before Slabhead whatever the circumstances.

3 Likes

I think if they are only considering sacking him now they really aren’t going get any closer.

I expected he would get the fixtures up to the break.

This would be Man Utd all over mind, as for Zidane, I can’t see that to be honest. Might as well offer the job to Ronaldo he won’t be happy with anyone else.

1 Like

@Noo_Noo

The below doesn’t count btw…

5 Likes

Can’t wait for the return game at Anfield, they’ll be motivated as f*ck, regardless who is the manager. I’ll have some of that.

I’d like us to face them in another extra game, maybe in the cup or something, although they’re already out from one.

:joy:

1 Like

Shocking on both fronts, but nothing that the odd bead wouldn’t sort. Me and Shaw could be long lost brothers. That’s a huge marketing opportunity right there. That brother thing worked for them before. Clothing brands aren’t really my thing though, but I reckon I could manage a nice little line in Asda.

Fecking hell @Noo_Noo

You’ve been working on that reply for a while.

This better be good…

Edit: you can have a thumbs up.

1 Like

Can you guarantee that after 90 minutes yesterday?

I reckon he stepped on plenty, surely some of it would inevitably end up being dog shit

Jees, give me a break will you. Fat fingers and keyboards don’t exactly go together that well.

trying hard to add a bit of an accent to my posts to up my value and keep the Caf twitterites happy.

One heads up though. I’d still turn faster than Maguire. I’d have to back off a little, I don’t want to show him up.

2 Likes

If I was United, I’d be beseeching the Greek authorities to bring forward his appeal hearing.

Curb your analysis

8 Likes

Just read a comment a few minutes ago on fridge:

“Should have left him in jail in Greece.”

:joy:

5 Likes

Goldbridge streaming right now, ‘MAN UTD TO SACK SOLSKJAER!’

Still parroting the ‘one of the best squads in the world’ line.

Love it!!!

2 Likes

Would you not purposely step in it if you knew Maguire was cleaning it?