The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

’ Oh what a beautiful morning … ’

Olé is staying put and Naby , Fab and Milly will all be back soon enough. :smiley:

7 Likes

On Caf they’re now quoting reports that Conte is as good as done.

After the Sky report this morning the mood in there is lurching from suicidal to elated and back again.

It is quite funny.

5 Likes

Looks like JK’s tally of Utd managers will stay at 1.

O wells…

Not surprised to be honest. There’s no mad rush as yet. If the reports of him losing the players are true he’s screwed but things need to fall in place first I feel. I had been hoping that they might hold out until things got really bad and not reaching the top 4 was more obviously at risk.

Shame really, I have a lot of time for Ole and have been more than happy to follow his exploits with interest.

1 Like

I hope they beat Spurs.

It feels wrong, it feels dirty, but it would be the best result.

11 Likes

Their biggest mistake was not giving Moyes more time. He’s a decent manager and nobody they’ve had since is an improvement. He would have brought a steady foundation from which to build after the Ferguson years.

Ah well.

4 Likes

An abject 1-1 draw will do me. Ideally with Spurs scoring in the 97th minute off a Harry Kane penalty after he slips on his tongue.

1 Like

Ferguson has way too much power at Old Trafford and I don’t believe they’ll progress, while his shadow still hangs over the club. It looks like he’s keeping Ole in a job at the moment.

3 Likes

Very similar to the situation at Liverpool post Shankly. I think Paisley basically had to tell him to stay away.

4 Likes

yes, he ended up going to Goodison to watch games.

It was before my time but has a horrible feeling to it given what he started. But I also understand Paisleys position on this.

1 Like

If the players want rid, and they know that beating Spurs will keep him in place, not a chance.

2 Likes

Yep, as detailed in David Peace’s novel Red or Dead.

And even more so beat City and Chelsea :+1:

2 Likes

That’s ok, because they are genuinely our challengers.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Sancho. Greedy little cunt. He could have stayed at Dortmund and moved to a better club later. Instead, he choose money.

3 Likes

The difference being that LFC stood firm despite the pressure to relent.

I reckon only a win keeps Ole at the wheel because they are never going to beat City

They’ve done it before when no-one gave them a prayer. Personally , I’d be made up to see them win their next five games.

Well, Ole certainly has form for digging out an impressive result when he needs it the most.

Ronaldo: Ole is not good enough and should be replaced

Conte on the verge of the Utd job according to reports

Ronaldo: Ole mate. What do you need?

5 Likes