The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

If United are not going to take any points from City I hope that they at least approach it with similar thuggery.

11 Likes

By the end of next weekend’s fixture, if Manures lose again to Spurs, they will be as low as 10th position and will go below 10th if Wolves draw or win against Everton on Monday. And this will test the faith the Manure board is supposedly showing to OGS and whether how their fans will implode…hahahaha! I am so pleased just thinking about it.

Lucky for Ole that Spurs are currently even more abject than they are. A win there and maybe a spawny draw against City and he’s safe for a bit longer (fingers crossed)

2 Likes

Based on the PL table, and the depth of the two squads, I’d say it’s Man U that are more abject.

Ole needs to get out of that 400 point turn soon

Spurs haven’t played us yet :wink:

@ Spurs
@ Atlanta
vs. City

Come on Ole, you can do it.

1 Like

I think there’s more to it than money and that he’s not a little greedy cunt - harsh

He left Man City to make a move to Dortmund as he saw a clearer path there. That shows some maturity on his part. Once he flourished at Dortmund there was interest from other clubs.

In terms of the move to Man U, yes money makes everything better, but trying to look at it from his perspective (and not through our eyes as Liverpool fans), he wants regular football, may have miss being in England, wants to be close to his family and friends, and Manchester United are a big club with a decent squad. He probably backed himself to get into the starting 11 at United, however the inept manager, that has no tactical structure or nous, has meant that he’s not got in (yet).

Do we know for certain that Dortmund weren’t pushing the move from their side too? They work based on a model of brining youth through and selling them on. Wait another year and Sancho’s value falls for Dortmund, unless they offer him an extended contract.

Ole is not going to be at the club for as long as Sancho. Sancho will be a success in the PL (as a player, not necessarily honours at Man U), he has time, and all the skills. There’s a lot of chat in here about fixing Man U (fuck that), however if they do twist with their manager and bring someone decent, Sancho will be playing way more.

6 Likes

Damn, Squires’ last panel made me snarf coffee

4 Likes

I think Ole’s Utd seem to have had a lengthy poor run each season. That might count in his favour here, as they might put this one down to being this season’s poor run. The fact the players were so poor during the game may also allow the board to blame players rather than coaching staff.

Might actually be good gives Ole the game against Spurs and Atalanta and if they replace him Conte might have a bounce against Man City.

I have a feeling they won’t sack til the break now, it was eithier this week or the break. They may cut him loose and put a caretaker in for City but that’s all I can see.

Alternatively he wins all three and they keep him :rofl:

2 Likes

Have a gut feel that Ole could get a result against City. His record against them isnt bad.

2 Likes

I still can’t get over how big Konate is…

17 Likes

Yup, he does seem to have Pep’s number, though I wonder if that’s due to the way he counter attacked previously.

2 Likes

He really can’t, but that won’t stop us cheering him on anyway!!!

You make some good arguments, no doubt. :+1: But those are all what ifs, right! Not saying that those couldn’t be right.

I think ego (aside from money) played a big part in him choosing United. City neglected him and he wanted revenge by going their city rival.

I think it probably is down to the counter attacking system he had before. Not sure if that is something he can get back to now. Given how poor they have been all season I can’t see them getting anything in that game other than a good hiding.

1 Like

lol …he swatted Fred away with one hand like you would a fly.

8 Likes

My favourite part is the way he doesn’t actually move when Fred (?) pushes him from behind while Konate is moving Fernandes out of the cluster.

2 Likes

I’m merely trying to make the point that there’s a lot more to it, and calling him a cunt his harsh.

You’ve deduced it down to revenge and money, like he’s some kind of old school gangster.

1 Like

Bought my lad the new Liverpool shirt. Got the name Konate on the back. I was telling him to be patient, as the fella is gonna be a player for us in time. After his performance against Man Utd, and even more, his refusal to see his team mates pushed around (I think we have needed a bit of this) we are both very happy with the decision.

Konate 5. Nice jersey.

8 Likes