The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

This is really cool, footage of inside the ground following the goals. Basically just looking at the away end, but you see a lot of people start getting up even at 3-0. :rofl: :joy: Man Utd vs Liverpool - fans react to 5-0 Liverpool win at Old Trafford October 24 2021 4K - YouTube

1 Like

1 Like

I wish I had the still, but it starts even before this, Greenwood decides to press VVD despite being 20-25 yards away. Obviously doesn’t get to him and nobody else follows. So VVD passes to robbo which then starts the catastrophic events for United that follow. Wan bissaka goes challenge ball, lindelof slides over so does McGuire etc etc leaving shaw all
By himself.

God they are so shit at pressing its fucking comical

3 Likes

It’s like Ole attempting to satisfy the fans by giving them #oleball

What he thinks ole ball is that it’s a setup with high defensive line , with the team pressing in unison amd a coherent plan.

Easily explainable.

Remember all those crosses Slabhead and Victor were putting into the box?? That’s why they were so far up the pitch.

They just got caught out this time.

Unlucky…

1 Like

4 Likes

Surely the telling factor (regardless really of the results) is how he now sets his team up. I’m not sure if Varane is back at the weekend , if he is that’s an obvious help. But it’s what in front of them that is the glaring issue. If he persists with McFred then he is an obstinate fool incapable of learning. If he had any balls he would completely re-jig that midfield and drop Ronaldo , but that’s never going to happen. They will in all likelihood continue to play to their weaknesses and it’s only a matter of time before he’s gone.

1 Like

Take care mate @Flobs

I think Ole will be sacked during the NT break, couple more defeats prior to that would certainly help the issue. But they just don’t want to sack him after being mauled by us. That ego, long may it continue. :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very interesting how there were jobs available around the time when Zidane first left Real and was free until he went back there. He was never seriously linked with those. I’m not saying there are no mistakes at any level in the top of the game, but still, interesting.

I’m also not trying to say he’s a fraud, he’s already in that job for a good few years now and obviously must be good. But… how good and how well he’d do elsewhere, I will be curious to follow. It’s like they’re a little bit more cautious than media & fans (the usual he’s won 3 CL’s, get him in type of argument).

If he doesn’t get a new top club job somewhere, I see him possibly taking over France when Deschamps’ contract expires after Qatar. The FFF already half stated their interest that they want Zizou next, apparently he’d like it as well. I guess it will be only a matter of if the timing is right on both sides to do it next year.

1 Like

OP:

Why does Ole not play Pogba and Bruno in midfield?

Pogba can be the 6 (DM with license to get forward) and Bruno can be the 8. Why is this not an option he has tried yet? It solves the issues about getting them into the team and also makes space in the front 3 or 4 for Rashford, Ronaldo/Cavani/Greenwood, Greenwood/Sancho.

Comparing boths attributes to our previous successful midfields of Keane / Scholes, and Scholes / Carrick, what is it that Pogba / Bruno are lacking for this to be an option?

First reply:

Pogba is a 6 every game.

A 6/10 performance.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that is comedy, notwithstanding the fact he’s usually 3/10. Reality should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good gag.

2 Likes

Post #6:

Why not lay down a red carpet from midfield to our goal while we’re at it?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

On the train giggling like an idiot.

3 Likes

Because even he’s not that fucking stupid

2 Likes

Man Utd fans live in that bubble where they are still deluding themselves that Pogba can tackle and press.

1 Like

The funny part is Conte would make them immediately more stable at the back by shifting Wan Bissaka to a right sided Cb and then using a 3-5-2 formation where Pogba will have two midfielders around him.

Might end up converting the likes of Sancho to a wingback though

Does that make them more stable? He tackles a lot but often because his positioning is poor.

Think conte had a similar problem with david luiz before as well… I think 3 at the back will help them

Is it all because he’s won a world cup?

Over the last 2-3 years I’ve had a spurs fan back Hugo Lloris as some kind of world beating goalie because he was the France captain and won the WC. Deluded.

It’s coz he is so good at whatever the fuck this is…

4 Likes

I think pogba can be a proper player… That is if he gets his head out of his arse

I don’t think that’s going to happen. His head has been up his arse for a long time now, and he seems to like it being there.

4 Likes