The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Case point missing out of Pochettino when he was basically begging to sign. He’d have signed Kane 2 summers ago and Utd would be a very good team.

1 Like

Kane?

Midfield and CB are their biggest problems.

Long balls in behind city defence and city get caught, Leicester have done the same to city.

2 Likes

Not entirely true.

I think if they tank December/January and someone from West Ham, Brighton or Spurs can string a run of wins together, Ole will be gone if they are out of the running for top 4 in January or Feb

United are 9-2 to finish outside the top six. I’ve had a few quid on that; they’re a shambles.

8 Likes

As I said 2 years ago, which would have meant no Cavani, no Ronaldo. I’m sure he’d had brought in a DM or got his actual midfield playing properly, including Van De Beek.

POTFY!!!

6 Likes

Sad Ice Cream GIF

4 Likes

Thing is I doubt Ole and Woodward are coming on here for advice

3 Likes

I wish they would, what do we know. :joy:

3 Likes

Ole probably gets his tactics from redcafe though

4 Likes

Not usually one for self-quotes, but the other part of this anecdote was that my other (Chelsea supporting) mate said “Manchester United are due 27 years of bad karma” but I didn’t actually believe it would happen. Not counting chickens but if he is right we may have a few more years yet. :joy:

1 Like

Fair enough but i reckon the likes of leicester tottenham arsenal west ham will slip up once it goes to the new year…

Also brentford and brighton , they are threadbare…

1 Like

And i love how the fans have deluded themselves into thinking that varane is a world class cb.

A guy who’s not needed at real Madrid who themselves are facing problems at the back… And who were never strong defensively even in their champs league winning days under zidane suddenly becomes world class when he joins manchester United…

Was having this discussion with a friend of mine who went on overdrive saying varane is better than any liverpool cb barring virgil van dijk.

1 Like

Varane is steady and all… And probably a decent 5th choice CB to have for Liverpool but he just because he’s better than lindelof maguire jones doesnt make him world class.

If anything , united should have given more time to tuanzabe

Has he heard of Joel Matip? The Prophesied God of Laughs and Tackles.

3 Likes

Varane and Virgil would make a brilliant partnership.

:ok_hand:t4:

Deluded world class is where he belong.
In that make-believe world of the likes Slabhead and AWB, he belongs right up there with them. :joy:

1 Like

Varane was sold because he wouldn’t sign an extension.

United fans are overrating a lot of their players, but a 28 year old who’s won 4 champions leagues, 3 la ligas and a world cup isn’t the one that immediately comes to mind.

11 Likes

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that whatever happens in the coming days/weeks/months, this thread has been quite a lot of fun.

9 Likes