The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

No further analysis required… other than this

https://mobile.twitter.com/Swifto78/status/1453297672161566727?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

4 Likes

My brother supports Utd. He was telling me that Maguire is England’s best Centre Back. I had to reply that England’s best centre back is currently struggling to get a game for Liverpool.

7 Likes

With Maguire it seems Money = Good but that seems to be the same for many of them

2 Likes

I really don’t know about others, but you surely can speak for me on this. 100%. :+1::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

lol … I can honestly say that I’ve never been so emotionally invested in Man Utd as I have these past couple of weeks. It’s the gift that just keeps on giving.

4 Likes

So, yeah, I ran into Luke Shaw, and the next thing I knew Mo Salah is sticking it in the net. I must have looked a right prick…

11 Likes

He was worth 80m around that time. (Well no someone thought he was).

He has certainly put on weight.

2 Likes

Nope. Anyone else with vvd makes an even better partnership

1 Like

Sweet Fancy Moses!!!

What am I doing with my life??!?!!?!?

4 Likes

Enjoying a bit, too much, I would say :innocent:

1 Like

Closet Manc fan… :wink:

I better wash my mouth with soap.

I’m saying nothing….

1 Like

Bringing laughter (at the expense of Man Utd) into our lives!

2 Likes

It is easy to say that Utd simply over paid for players who weren’t as good as hey thought they were buying, but the wrinkle I can never figure out with Maguire is City’s interest. Pep has rarely gone too far wrong when identifying CBs and Maguire was who he allegedly was most interested in in the summer of 19 and that suggests to me he is actually a far better player than we’re seeing now.

Beyond that though I think the price actually understates how badly he’s missing the mark. He isn’t just a let down for the price, but even at half the cost, the sort of fee City had been paying for CBs, he’s still a mile off what you’d expect of a player fought for by the two biggest spending sides in the league.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Make that 11 in all comps. :joy:

1 Like

I know my Leicester friend was pleased with how much they got at the time, that made me wonder.

1 Like

Ole has a very good record against Pep 4 wins from 7.

2 Likes

I think Leicester did some excellent business in selling Maguire for that sum of money.

I agree he’s better than what we are seeing in that Man Utd team - surely! - but I honestly struggle to see a player that is much better than Nat Philipps, and many reds would have sold him for 15M in the summer, now that we are well stocked at the back.

4 Likes

It’s possible that this thread may even rank alongside some filthy text messages from my wife as my go-to wankbank inspiration.

1 Like