The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

So, it looks like everything is rosy again, in the Old Trafford garden. Keep believing it Ole, keep believing it.

4 Likes

Nuno has taken one for the league there. Big time.

16 Likes

Yep, all smiley happy people, with a wonderboy team…

2 Likes

Atalanta away is a difficult beast and then City be interesting to see what happens but I am looking forward to some of the comments about how Ole has dug deep and maybe he will survive :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes just what Ole (and we) needed

It’s easy to see what Nuno was Spurs 9th choice (or whatever)

1 Like

Geez Louise…the media narrative sure has moved on from yesterday…

Ole must be a genius to have fixed everything in one day.

#inolewetrust

5 Likes

Yes, apparently he is.

1 Like

I still don’t think he is inept. I think it is just not working. Many great managers have patches where various teams responds badly to their coaching. But what Nuno showed in Wolves in terms of organisation, proves that he is competent. But it’s not working at Spurs for sure. And he won’t get a lot more time.

As for Tottenham situation, I am almost certain he will be sacked soon. Because that place is toxic like the realm of the Plague god. And it was so before they hired him. Those fans wanted instant success, and then Nuno was probably always the wrong guy, particularly since he doesn’t stand for the brand of football that Spurs fans respect (offensive full tilt), leading to instant negativity being peddled by their fans at the first ditch they run into. If I were them, I would look to the Netherlands for such a coach, or actually, maybe even hire Graham Potter. They won’t hire Potter though.

1 Like

All going perfectly to plan. Next steps are as follows:

United board is happy
United fans back off Ole a little
Nuno is sacked and Spurs hire Conte
United’s form returns to last weeks level

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

4 Likes

[quote=“Magnus, post:4850, topic:266, full:true”]Because that place is toxic like the realm of the Plague god.
[/quote]

Nurgle?

2 Likes

Yupp, got to admit, super cheesy over the top and laughable literature aside, I have always loved Warhammer :wink:

But essentially, fans are (particularly on that horrible forum) are much like depressed, cranky and venomous Plague Bearer daemons in that lore, lol. Always complaining about the Great Unclean One in charge ! :rofl:

Edit: @PeachesEnRegalia Forgot you were now quoting my post concerning Manchester and therefore I talked about Tottenham (just edited that). That’s because I said approximately the same thing about them, since the Fighting Cock is even more toxic! :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a fantastic universe. I was always more of a 40k fan, myself. Just couldn’t get enough of the grimdark setting.

2 Likes

He should have gone to Everton. He’d have been guaranteed eighth there.

1 Like

All is well in Ole’s world again. Ideally they put in a shift against Man City and get something from that game too.

Noo noo - Good shout on Conte to Spurs, then Man Utd falling a bit short again.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter who their manager is; Man U are miles behind us, City and Chelsea.

What they need to do is bring in a young manager with a clear plan and back him (or her) for five years; the problem they have is that Newcastle will be another threat by then but hey… you live by the inflated transfer market, you die by the inflated transfer market. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

They deserve to spank city next week, and then the management/media/pundits/manc fans, need to bow down and suck Ole’s ass and extend that contract again before Spurs or Newcastle sweep in and steal him. Ungrateful bastards.

5 Likes

Hope that they can get at least a point against City. At least right now Ole cannot tank the game like with the Leicester City match last season - or he will kiss his seat goodbye.

3 Likes

Antonio Conte in negotiations with Spurs.

Whatever people may think of Conte, he is a world class manager. Conte‘s signature would be regarded as a massive coup for Spurs.

So what do we (Utd) do? …if anything. Here’s a few suggestions…….

Wait and see what happens until after the City game?

Contact Conte’s agents for dramatic last minute talks?

Pretend to laugh at Spurs?

Panic?

Sit on our hands and do absolutely nothing?

Other suggestions welcome.

Provide entertainment to the entire footballing world?

:white_check_mark:

8 Likes