The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

You were supposed to say what? And then I go ‘Dier’

1 Like

When the seagulls are following the trawler, at least they aren’t trying to steal my chips. Bastards.

3 Likes

This is hilarious.

Wut wut wut…the delusions are grand

3 Likes

If you got prizes for fouls, Burnley would be champions

2 Likes

Man U fans keep going on about Van Der Beek. He comes on, gives away a foul, and then give the ball away that leads to a Foden shot glancing off the post.

1 Like

Van De Beek was a really good player at Ajax……and then he went to Utd.

Nah; Fernandinho would win that on his own.

1 Like

Wow - just saw a stat, 21% of ManU’s all-time PL home defeats have been under Solskjaer’s management

and another stat - ManU had more shots on De Gea today than Ederson

8 Likes

To be fair, they had many games under Ferguson that they should have lost but the refs bailed them out.

6 Likes

There has been a big change in the last month on the Caf.

A lot of them now seem to realise that their squad is dog shit.

3 Likes

Ole just said, City played well. He didn’t give us that much, after we twatted them.

1 Like

I think their entire set up is one that is not good enough. Their manager is one very important man, but their coaches are likely quite sub-par. Then we have their player group. They have some individual fantastic players, but the actual composition doesn’t seem to be great at all. An underlying problem have also been that the wrong persons seems to be in charge of buying players, and that good players that are just available, have been targeted for pure commercial reasons just because the manager needs a player in that approximate position.
I hope Liverpool won’t ever buy a player for commercial reasons.

I don’t think this will change when Ole Gunnar, who likely will be sacked now, is gone; it will take more time than that to change the fundamentals. Another manager may be tactically superior, but what is important for Manchester United is to have a player group that is glued into an actual system. And it’s been a long, long time since they had a fluent system that players were drilled into. In my opinion, that is Manchester United’s Achilles Heel, not tactics, but strategy rather. Reactionary and not enough fluidity. And that is also a coaching matter.

We’lll see now, they’ll sack Solskjær, but will they create a new coaching system ? If they only change their front man, the manager, they might get a bit better results for a while, but I doubt it will dramatically improve over a considerable length of time. But time will tell. It is going to be interesting to see who they bring in.

1 Like

How come ole was able to make 4 subs according to the BBC

2 Likes

Concussion Shaw

4 Likes

A lot also think they have one of the best squads in the world :joy:. They just need a change of manager to win the league with this squad, name out all their attackers as prove :joy:

For sure, that opinion is still strong but it used to be almost universal.

I think I may have spent way too much time there… :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh dear…medics should’ve checked.

The myth that they progressed last year by finishing 2nd is the problem for this year. They are at the correct level because nobody takes into account the other issues rival teams had and the no fans season.

9 Likes

Neville protecting his mate again should be banned from Man U games can’t do unbiased punditry.

3 Likes