The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Obviously, Conte’s “budget demands” were far too modest.
Manchester United put off a move for now-Tottenham manager Antonio Conte because of his £250m transfer budget demands. (90min)

1 Like

The club bought it from Rodgers and now use it as a sort of official residence for the manager.

5 Likes

Remember a guy I worked with many years ago bought a house from Ken Dodd that he owned and lived in with his fiancee… A couple of months later, obviously when KD was settled in his new house, KD ended up in court accused of tax evasion. In part because most of his stand-up gigs were paid in cash with no official paperwork. This led to police searching his residence and finding loads of cash, tens of thousands, under the floorboards and behind partition walls, in the attic and so on, for which KD could not account for.
So this guy and his wife following the court case and reading these startling revelations, made a pledge to rip their newly purchased house apart on the expectation of finding similar bundles of cash and archives.
Two weeks later, with the house virtually demolished, well certainly with a hollowed out interior… They didn’t find so much as a penny…!
Cost them thousands redecorating it all though…
So that last post got me thinking… Wonder if Jurgen or LFC did the same with the Bodger’s residence looking for Brenda’s 3000 page blueprint, on how football should be played.! :joy:

4 Likes

Klopp probably found it and used it as toilet roll🤣

1 Like

The wheels on this are definitely turning. The drip of negative stories into the press has started and that is generally a tactic done to preemptively justify the decision that is in the process of being made.

The new one today - Discontent in the ranks about overplaying certain players and broken promises made to others about their opportunities this season,

1 Like

So he listened to the transfer committee on sales but not purchases.

Wasn’t that Gerrard’s house? I remember him moving into Gerrard’s house and there being a kerfuffle there with the husband of a Club employee after news of their affair coming out. He moved and I don’t ever recall him having bought it.

Klopp definitely moved into Rodgers house and was renting it off him. I remember him saying so when he met Leicester with Rodgers for the first time. What happened before or after that I have no idea.

Bought by the club in 2019.

Origi > Ole

Because Liverpool

Also Pogba leaving in the summer

lol

3 Likes

Amazing somebody who has literally stolen a fortune of a living from that club will leave on a free, sign a huge signing on fee somewhere and probably repeat.

Scandalous… but in this case brilliant because he has helped with United’s demise

4 Likes

He’s probably also a boyhood liverpool supporter

2 Likes

Maguire’s scan…

warming coal city il GIF

4 Likes
1 Like

I see Watford are the lucky team…

1 Like

I’ve had a cunt of a week…off to buy some tinnies, but before I go…gonna start this video at 6.40…

5 Likes

I’m getting Piss Off You Fucking Meltstick tattooed on my chest.

4 Likes

I thought you would have gone for

“£80m worth of shite”

I mean we want to remain accurate here don’t we?

1 Like

I like “fuckbag.” :laughing:

2 Likes