The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Zidane?

Yes, please.

Not saying he’ll fail, but my first opinion is yeah, give him some of that and let’s see how he handles it.

But they better think about who is the guy who decides who is the guy who replaces Ole. The same one who gave Ole a new deal not long ago will leave soon.

3 Likes

Yes, you are. I sincerely apologise.

1 Like

ZZ would be my least worrisome long term replacement.

3 Likes

I try to believe Zidane is not as good as his record at Madrid indicates he must be. Then I look at all the honors we won there, including coming back for an encore and getting another La Liga trophy. Yeah, I don’t know. That would be interesting to see.

disappointed standing in the rain GIF

7 Likes

If we believe the rubbish on Twitter it’s Zidane v Rodgers to replace Ole, I hope they go with the Frenchman.

Did ZZ overhaul RM??

Utd needs serious work…a bloke there for three or four years and willing to maybe not win anything.

If the answer is no then hire him.

2 Likes

Thank You Ole for all that you’ve done for the Premier League in your time managing Man U. It’s been much more enjoyable to watch. I even started watching non LFC games. You were let down. By the owners, the board, your back room staff and your team. I don’t even want to mention the Man U fans, but I feel I must. How? How? How could they boo you? A true Man U legend?
Don’t they realise where they’d be if you’d not been appointed and Josè was still in charge? Even the spuds got rid of him.
Stand up for yerself lad. Tell those board feckers that if The Spuds can get into the European Conference League the so can Man U and you’re the man to take them there. :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Don’t know what would be funnier

Zidane turning them down or agreeing to take the job after they offer him loads of money and power.

Truth is Zidane is not really interested in coming to England but I am sure they will say Sir Alex himself reached out to persuade him.

Bringing in Zidane would be a typical ManU move like buying Maguire for that fee, buying an injury prone Varane or bringing back Ronaldo just to make sure he doesn’t sign for City.

4 Likes

New Zidane approach. Read, slide blank check across the table and allow him to write in a figure.

And he doesn’t speak English??

Looking forward to the Bielsa style translator saying, ‘United DNA.’

1 Like

I think it’s time for one of my favourite Family Guy clips.

6 Likes

Fletcher to take temporary charge :grinning:

3 Likes

Zidane will fucking love the North West in the Winter. It’s fucking ace :+1:

2 Likes

New official language of the locker room shall be French. Pogba to interpret for the others. And it will all sound so elegant and continental.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the Utd defence and midfield are as good as he had to work with at Madrid.

That sounds about right, yeah?

2 Likes

I guess those are your options when Duncan Ferguson never played for your club?

2 Likes

In hindsight, we were clearly trying to keep him in the job. Of course Chelsea could score 12 over a full match. Watford has only scored 3 goals once (?) this season, and they hit 4 even with 2 utterly crap penalty kicks saved.

4 Likes

This is brilliant.

4 Likes