The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Anyone but BR.

Absolutely not! With the right manager, that is a title-winning side! Maguire is an elite CB, whats-his-name from Palace is England’s best fullback, they have the GOAT in Ronaldo, Pogba, the United Way, etc., etc.

3 Likes

I think Zidane is good, very, very good. At one particular problem set, the one that ManU fans think they have, but don’t.

6 Likes

I just hope they have the cameras rolling when Zidane head-butts Woodward.

perhaps a joint managerial posting…Zidane could bounce his experience and ideas of Rodgers, who, by all (personal) accounts, would be a massive draw for new players

2 Likes

Genius! Rodgers as DoF, Zidane as manager. That is certain success! Only money stands in the way!

1 Like

Why would Zidane come to Man Utd when he’s angling for the French NT job ?

Because there’s not a coach on this planet that wouldn’t jump at the chance to work with Harry Maguire?

9 Likes

Ah if he could only do an Ole.

Marco Materazzi: “For me there can only be one slabhead.”

that wont matter,

as long as he can converse to Ronaldo and Pogba and get the best out of them

that is all that matters, as they are Man Utd

(3rd reply to your posts today, I’m not stalking you, promise…)

Been struggling to imagine what qualifies Darren Fletcher for the Director Of Football role…

Then it struck that surely his middle name must be Oliver…

No?

2 Likes

three wins and he’ll get a 5 year contract.

Apparently it’s Barr and he’s actually Technical Director but I’ve never been one to let facts stand in the way of a bad joke :confused:

Love it when other fans start mocking Ole and Man Utd using our songs.

Zizou au Volant

5 Likes

Mourinho was so toxic they eventually got rid. They needed a kinder person to come in for the rest of the season, hopefully stabilize them, and then get a manager in the summer.

Enter Solksjaer.

He massively overachieved in the partial season he had, which happens. The players seemed to find some joy again, after being choked by Mourinho. The powers at the club read the signals all wrong and assumed they had unearthed a top manager. He got a contract and amazingly a renewal too. But he reverted to type along the way. Some awful stuff, but then enough good results to keep in the job. Just.

They have money and a number of good players, so there’s a sense in which it is difficult to plummet too far down. He gave them enough hope, while never really threatening to be a top manager. Fans of rival clubs knew the score early on. Man Utd fans stayed deluded, on the whole, for a long time.

Their owners didn’t act because they aren’t really running a football club, more a personal cash cow, and they don’t want the added expense of funding a new manager’s project. But eventually, even negligent owners had to act.

I hope they get ZZ, as it will continue the cycle of bad decisions.

2 Likes

RIP, at the wheels. :cry:

3 Likes

But he’s not a top top player…according to SAF - Silly Alex Ferguson.

1 Like

Ollys at the wheel?

1 Like