The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Carrick is surely just as much to blame as Ole isn’t he?

What’s this Manure way?
Drink lots of whisky and throw boots at Beckham, well once Beckham left it was evident the wheels would fall off, no?
Does Zizou drink whisky? looks more like an Pastis man to me. :rofl: :innocent:

Possibly more so (along with Phelan). Goldbridge, who has more insight than me, reckons they do all the coaching while I guess Ole was mainly a figurehead/cheerleader. He was adamant they whole lot of them needed to go, root and branch, if they were to try to recover from the institutional issues affecting them.

2 Likes

Big shame this.

I’m sure the thinking behind ZZ is that he will get Pogba to play at a level which matches his price tag, but that’s about it. Plus he obviously won things before.

It’s too late for him to make a difference this season anyway. Give gim £250m in the summer just to finish 4th next year.

1 Like

Now this is a bit random.

Where is even Blanc years after his PSG work? He disappeared completely.

Lopetegui is doing some decent stuff with Sevilla, but he also strikes me as someone who needs things above/around him to be more in place (more than it is at United) for him to do his proper coaching work.

2 Likes

Qatar.

1 Like

This thread is just comedy gold :rofl: :joy:

It’s been 5 years since he’s been at PSG.

That’s a long time in football.

Not saying he’s not any good anymore, but… just weird.

A bit lazy, what, another ex-United guy, but with much higher profile trophies than Ole?

1 Like

It’s on the Beeb that he’s going. That’s pretty much that I’m afraid :frowning:

It’s clear by now the decision-makers at United are clueless.

Just watch Fletcher get a couple of semi decent results and get handed the job for the rest of the season.

1 Like

Blanc is in Qatar but only since 2020, which means he spent 4 years post-PSG (2016-2020) without coaching anyone.

:joy:

New coaching team announced:

6 Likes

At least Big E’s won something in the last year.

3 Likes

who ?

1 Like

One of the blokes in that photo

1 Like

winning something which is scripted. That’s so like Serie A

1 Like

This is where the problem starts, that’s even funnier than Ole, who to be fair to him, had some quality runs. But never fully trusted he’s the right man for them. It also dragged in the end. They have a few things to put in place, not only the head coach position.

They’re sort of living what we went through in best part or whole part of 90’s. Lost, wrong decisions, not enough quality or sync across a few levels. Afraid of some things. Hanging onto “history” and “DNA”. Living in the past. It goes in circles, every club will have periods like that in it’s history. Now it’s their turn.

4 Likes

Anyhow Blanc sounds about right for this Man Utd team, I don’t think Zidane is happening for them if the names rumoured are already being downgraded to Blanc and Sevilla’s manager.

2 Likes

They won’t do bad with someone like Emery though who clearly wasn’t treated well at Arsenal.

Either way, They’ll be in cuckoo land (as Roy Keane says) if they think they can get an up and coming manager like Ten Haag etc with the shambles they have in the scouting and the other departments in Manchester. They need to get those upto scratch if they want to get someone like that.

The Man Utd job is clearly a poisoned chalice. Someone like Emery, Blanc & Favre would be their best bet (discounting pipe dreams like Ten Haag, Zidane Rodgers and Potter etc etc)

Oooohhhh no no no no…pls stay and give it a go…one more time…