The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Rumor has it Fletcher flipped Carrick for it with the loser having to stand the touchline.

1 Like

I hadn’t realised OGS once said he would never park in the mgr’s space coz that is for SAF.

FMD…it’s actually more hilarious than I thought.

1 Like

On a human level I do feel bad for people who lose their jobs.

That said, all the bullshit about Ole being a “nice guy” is utter crap. The level of bitterness shown towards us – rather than acknowledging what we are, which is far better than his team – really blew me away. Aside from a gritted teeth acknowledgment of us winning the title, nowhere near the respect that our manager showed for his team – and on this evidence only one of the teams deserves respect. Also the same guy who said “30,000,000 pounds?” when Ferdinand showed up and had a bad training session. Rio despite his buffoonery in getting his friend a job is much more of a United legend. Ole might not be Mourinho/Neil Warnock/etc. level of a crank, but the narrative about him being a nice bloke is gobshite. He’s basically a guy who has benefited from tons of luck through his career and in another universe would be a mid table player and managing in the Championship.

7 Likes

I can’t help but feel that the Championship is also beyond him.

3 Likes

I’d like Zidane. It wouldn’t last long but it would be a disaster.

2 Likes

Thought this guy had given up. Amazing he still can’t be in the camera shot.

You have to tip the cap to OGS. Lasted longer as manager than anyone since Ferguson. Who saw that coming?

2 Likes

The only reason he lasted that long was because of his friends in the media and the easy ride he got despite it being obvious to pretty much everyone that he was way out of his depth. I’m gutted he’s gone.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Yeah, had misgivings about posting it, but what would Carrick’s day be without Carrick Fan?

He’s waiting for Messis next step. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Salford United???

1 Like

Last season Manure played counter attack. That allowed them to mask their deficiencies with numbers. Their existing attackers have pace. But Ronaldo doesn’t want to make long runs. So for him they have to play closer to the opposition’s goal. And that’s screwed everything up for Ole. Pressing is done as a whole team and takes both the right players in the right positions and TONS of coordinated practice.

They are not built or trained to press

7 Likes

Things that have aged as well as a gallon of milk…

Best part: “LET HIM WRITE WHATEVER NUMBERS HE WANTS.” :joy::rofl::sob:

Bet Ole has rung Rio today: “That bit of advice about writing my own numbers really helped me when it came time to be paid off.”

3 Likes

Good shout, I think his mates own that team?

1 Like

:rofl:

This is amazing. They’ve got what they wanted and are even angrier.

1 Like

The incorrigible Neville twins :joy:

1 Like

From their Thank You Ole thread.

Thanks so much for maguire and awb.

:grimacing:

:rofl:

5 Likes

This is just nasty…

Enjoy your retirement as no-one will touch you in Norway either.

1 Like

Sky and Neville desperate to get the Pochettino train going.

1 Like