The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Edited for accuracy.

5 Likes

silence

Apparently, Chelsea are appealing Harry Maguire’s red card yesterday, so he he can play against them next week. :joy:

5 Likes

Carrick’s carriage?

3 Likes

Only three managers have won the league with United.

I did not know this

3 Likes

United have only been relevant twice, really- under Sir Matt Busby and Slur Alex. And the latter period of dominance was more down to the key decisions always going in their favour (and against the interests of their title rivals) than anything else.

4 Likes

I asked a mate of mine who is a life-long United supporter who he wants to be his new manager,

His response: Klopp. :joy:

1 Like

Thats based on the premise that Stevie could ever be as shit as Ole?
Gerrard will only get the Liverpool job on merit, sentiment won’t come in to it.
If, and its a major if Gerrard is Liverpool manager it will because FSG are confident of him being a success

1 Like

I can see Steve Bruce stepping in until the end of the season.

2 Likes

They’ll have to widen the doors to accommodate his big fat head.

Hang on- they’ve already done that for Ronaldo’s ego.

3 Likes

At the beginning of the season, Almost all the pundits had ManU above us in the table.

lol

Hilarious

6 Likes

We had a similar rot under Kenny that Utd had at Ferguson. It was masked by the ability of a side full of once very good players to win a title via muscle memory, but it pushed it further into the realm of needing to do significant work behind the scenes to retool to set ourselves up for further success. That happened to us at a time when the game was modernizing and we responded to looking to the past, speaking about club DNA and all this esoteric shit that we thought would magically fix the issues. At Utd it happened at a time when really deep and broad footballing structures were being put in place at the best clubs that Fergie actively fought against instituting at Utd. In his absences, but just as much with the final falling off a cliff of his last side, Utd have responded to finding themselves in that situation in exactly the same way we did, albeit while spending more extravagantly (although I suspect that behind Utd we were still probably the next biggest spenders in the league in the 90s).

Carrick has Utd DNA. He knows the club and the Utd Way

Fucking idiots.

There was essentially zero done in his years there. The players Zidane used to win the league are in large part the same group Rafa had at his disposal 6 years prior. The trick with trying to win at Real for the past several years is how to do you motivate and old won everything already group of players and manage their legs for a whole season. As Arminius says, for Utd fans who think their squad is better than it is, it looks like a feat that suits the demands at Utd well. When in reality the new guy has the same sort of job on that Klopp had - working with a new backroom team to oversee a top to bottom rebuilding of the squad he inherited while finding a way to get something out of the mismatched group of players already there. He has some track record with the latter, just with a much more talented group of players.

5 Likes

I remember Lianne Sanderson crowing the evening Ronaldo signed like it happened five minutes ago.

I was on my way home in the car…she was fucking insufferable and banging on and on about the title.

Jesus Christ it must be easy to just spout shit and get paid for it.

2 Likes

There’s going to be an identical clip in 6 months time with the word ‘Fletch’ substituted for ‘Ole’.

2 Likes

Eric ten Hag end of season is what they are aiming for.

CRonaldo is such a massive problem for them. The interim/caretaker manager is damned if he plays him, and damned if he doesn’t. Sit him on the bench, and he will be a cancer in the locker room and among the fans. If he plays, they really can’t play in the way that they have had the most recent success with, which also happens to best suit the young talent they need to start rebuilding around.

5 Likes

They don’t have doors at old toilet, no roof and fallen down stable/saloon bar doors. Even the thickest head can pass through as witnessed at their home games.

2 Likes

Put him on ebay…under unwanted items…

1 Like

He was pointing out that Ole getting sacked won’t make everything hunky dory whilst the coaching staff that were there under both Jose and Ole remain.

2 Likes

Rio’s really created a stick to beat them with, hasn’t he. It’s absolutely gorgeous.

5 Likes