The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

No, I get it. My point was that Carrick continues to be valuable to the people running the club because they are still under the misapprehension that “can we just do the things they did when they used to win things” is an meaningful and actionable strategy. It wasn’t just ole using the Utd DNA trope to help himself, he was parrotting the idea that was responsible for getting him hired in the first place.

4 Likes

Simon (Stone) says…

It has never been entirely clear why United spent £47m on Brazilian midfielder Fred. And the only thing that can be said about the injured Paul Pogba is that no-one is arguing that things would have been any better had the Frenchman - sent off after coming on as a substitute against Liverpool - been available.

3 Likes

I’m still actually coming to grips with the fact that Pogba is gonna leave for free a second time.

It is beyond absurd.

6 Likes

Believe me, getting paid for it is the hard bit. I’m still working on that.

3 Likes

I’m sure you’ll figure it out.

An infinite number of monkeys and all that…

2 Likes

The fact that he feels he should be the highest paid player at the club is just brilliant. There is lack of self-awareness, and there is outright delusion. I suspect he will end his career as one of the great ‘what ifs’, such a massive gap between talent/potential and actual achievement.

4 Likes

He is a paradox. He has won a world cup, a nations league and 4 league titles, all while being considered one of the best players on those sides, yet he’s now spend more time at Utd this time around than he’s spent anywhere else in his career and been almost universally considered a massive disappointment and under achievers through the entire tenure.

4 Likes

Going to Juventus to be in a club that really had a ‘DNA’ of winning was the making of him. Even at his best there, it was understood that he could not be a player they build around, but one who was capable of spectacular play. He has never made the step after that, and going to a place like ManU has led him to regress.

If he wasn’t such a dickhead, I would think it somewhat sad.

10 Likes

For me the perfect use of CR7 is last 30 minutes of each match. Super sub. Scores most of his important goals then, too. Allows the new manager to create whatever philosophy he wants in the first hour of the match, still has one of the world’s best goal scorers to mop things up late.

Not sure Ronaldo would agree.

5 Likes

First time ever I see someone who just got sacked sit down in front of a cam.

5 Likes

It’s the United Way.

2 Likes

8th in the table, hopefully the highest they finish.

2 Likes

How do we know? I have been reliably told by my Utd supporting friends and family that “Utd don’t sack their managers”.

4 Likes

WTF. Why? It’s like a cult

2 Likes

:rofl:

It’s a free for all.

4 Likes

It was a Martin/Paltrow-style conscious uncoupling.

1 Like

We don’t want ex-Manures here! :cry:

1 Like

It’s a pisstake…he’s a Chelsea fan.

We def don’t want him…

1 Like

Best thing to do with Ronaldo is play him in a counter attacking set-up… when he can’t/won’t run after the ball in the quick breaks… drag him off and put a sub on… show him up to the world how one dimensional he really is… if I was manager at Old Toilet (God Forbid), and it was between him and me… no contest, early bath for him every game after the first ten minutes! :0)

1 Like

On the Ole interview…

Proper cringey.

We’d be laughing our arses off if Liverpool or City did this.

And it would be rude of us not to return the favour…

:wink:

4 Likes