The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I don’t really see what is so cringy, he has been there for more than 15 years. If he wasn’t sacked due to horrific results (as well as not managing to establish a better pattern of play), few Unied fans would probably call it cringy. This is just knee jerk reactionary replies really.
If a former Liverpool legend was hired here and later sacked due to horrible results I doubt the club would treat it like for instance sacking, say, Mourinho or someone with no relation.

This is of course also why I am not in favour of hiring any former Liverpool players as managers unless they have proven themselves on a high level for a bit. That having been said, I hope Gerrard succeeds at Villa and gains a lot of experience.

3 Likes

If that’s a record, the Deluded One sure keeps setting the negative ones, even when freshly sacked. This last a parting gift to the Old Toilet.

1 Like

The way Conte and Allegri set up their Juventus teams was exemplary, especially their midfield selections. Every player knew what he had to do and they did it. Having seen a few games of theirs, I honestly expected Pogba to become one of the best players I’ve seen in my lifetime. He literally had/has everything - height, strength, pace, technical ability, unpredictability, dribbling, passing… He’ll probably do what Raiola says but I think that him leaving Man United is beneficial for everyone.

He’s not become a bad player overnight, as evidenced by his games for France, but, in my opinion, he needs a change of scenery, a change of system, a manager who knows how to get the best out of him. A return to Juventus might be just what he needs, while Man United could do worse when it comes to cleaning up the mess in their ranks by biting the bullet and letting him go on a free, while building the team around Fernandes.

1 Like

That would be a dangerous and long-term appointment. I wish he swerved it.

1 Like

It needs a complete rebuild, a manager who if offered stuff like Ronaldo says no, I’ve got the team how I want it, I can’t see how he fits in.

Unless they are getting the likes of Klopp level type then it’s going be a disaster.

The whole club is a mess and Man Utd aren’t interested in long term in my view. There signings aren’t long term they are just there to placate.

If a manager can come in and control what is needed then perhaps but he would probably get less time than Ole.

He has done well with Ajax but it is also a very easy gig, he is jumping a chasm into Man Utd.

I don’t reckon he will move til the summer mind. The pressure for Man Utd is they need to make top 4, it is doable all things considered but the pressure is there from the start.

The stat about only three managers winning a league title is telling.

The difference between Liverpool and Man Utd are two things, several men oversaw the Liverpool era and money.

Man Utd have the latter but there is no concrete plan there.

FSG have their critics including at times myself but there is a plan. I have no doubt they approached Klopp the summer before they got him and they acted swiftly when he I assume through his representatives suggested he was open to talking.

There is no plan with Man Utd, Ronaldo was just dumb, they had three periods to dump Ole and two chances to bring in managers who are at the stage to jump up and they fluffed it.

For some reason they left it til the weekend after the last international break, I don’t know what they were expecting to see yesterday.

And now they are using their contacts to try and link themselves with every manager going, reminds me of their way of buying.

2 Likes

After 1 week coaching Maguire

mad tv show GIF by HULU

1 Like

I just looked at PL stats, and Pogba is joint first in assists. That’s with Bruno in the midfield, too. Seems he wasn’t on a bad season, and they will miss him while he’s away.

6 of his 7 assists came in two games - Newcastle and Leeds.

A nice example of what Pogba offers really - eye catching 20% of the time, garbage the other 80%.

A player that helps you turn a 2-0 win into a 5-0 one, but one who goes missing when the going gets tough.

19 Likes

Wow, that is useful context. I had no idea. Was just shocked to see him atop that list.

2 Likes

Like Souness you mean…sucessful at Rangers but failed with us…

1 Like

We all knew this day would come one day.

The last time we saw someone in the Premier league this out of his depth, it was 1996 when George Weahs cousin came on for Southampton.

Ole is the managerial equivalent. He is no better than say Paul Ince, Rooney or Henning Berg.

7 Likes
7 Likes

He failed in the Championship with Cardiff.

2 Likes

Rooney isn’t doing that badly with Derby , all things considered.

1 Like

If united had taken the right decision and allowed Ole to leave at the end of last season , his whole term as such could be termed a success. Not now when the pants have been pulled down and he’s been shown off as being utterly incompetent (which most of the fans knew already)

2 Likes

A lot of buzz gathering around Pochettino this evening. Can’t see him moving in the middle of the season, though, eh? The Telegraph saying he wants to wait until the summer.

Leaving Everton out of their customary eighth. I like it

1 Like

I know I have made alot of fun and posting funny pictures making fun of him but having watch the exit interview he has given, albeit some deluded statements like they are in a better state than before he took over, you cannot deny that this guy loves the club and respect the club from top to bottom. And I think majority of their fans love for him would not stop and he would still be always be seen as a legend for them.

Ok now I got that out of the way, fuck them and I wish they will get relegated when the next manager comes in.

3 Likes