The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Think United wanted him to continue till the summer and at least guarantee Europa etc if not 4th. But defeat to Watford probably made them realize that they are gonna struggle to beat any teams either home or away.

1 Like

Or

Maguire in his first game, after 1 week of coaching by Carrick?

1 Like

A bit of respect for the best defender/captain in the world please.

Aka Phil Jones mk 2

Maguire without a doubt isnt even half the defender lovren was.

1 Like

You all need to look at it from a step by step psychological breakdown…

FIRST, the excitement of getting appointed and the prospect of coaching the most expensive defender in the world.

up to something plotting GIF

THEN…realizing nobody listens to you at all in the dressing room and Ronaldo does his own thing anyway

The Office Reaction GIF

1 MONTH INTO the job, when you lose 3 games in a row and the fans start singing songs about getting David Moyes back…

i hate everything fml GIF by funk

2nd Month into the job…after losing 3 more games, Pogba and Fernandes speak publicly that your tactics is not working

happy tobey maguire GIF

FINALLY…got sacked in the 3rd month after board admitted you were never their first choice after appointing David Moyes immediately after

Fuck This Over It GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

Excellent post.

The Pogba Paradox in a nutshell, credit to @Limiescouse for that description.

I agree with @Nikola…he has all of the physical attributes. He really could have been anything, but is probably the laziest footballer I have ever laid eyes on. I can’t think of a lazier one, anyway.

Will end up a huge waste…unsurprising given his priorities are hair dye and how many carats he has stuck in his ears.

O wells…give me a James Milner or Andy Robertson every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

7 Likes

The only good thing that can come from Solskjaer sacking is that Saudi Castle will have more trouble getting their shiny toys.

Carrick at the wheel till the end of the season… fucking hell. They really have lost it, the cunts. Give it to Rooney. Derby are not taking him anywhere, he’s a serial winner and knows the ‘Way’.
:rofl:

2 Likes

Oh well, it was good while it lasted… Thanks Ole for giving us so many laughters while you were at the wheel. You really didn’t disappoint us. All the best for the future, lad! :+1:t2:

Now on to Carrick. He’s surely just a step-in for a few games, no?

4 Likes

Carrick wins his first few games handsomely:
Fans “Maybe it might be OK under a temporary manager till we can get somebody proper in, what can go wrong?”

Rio:

Watch This GIF by Apple TV

2 Likes

Genius sir.

1 Like

See you’re at it again with the kinky stuff. Calm it down will you.

Talk of Bruce as the interim

:rofl:

2 Likes

being serious for once I get the impression that they’re almost willing to write the season off to ensure they get their favoured option down the line, whoever that may be.

Could get brutal if they miss CL football.

1 Like

The only way it could get funnier would be Bruce as interim then bring in Fat Sam or Pullis in the summer :rofl:

Given current options, I honestly think that might be one of their better ones. I think he coached Maguire at Hull, knows how to organise defenses, probably not so phased by their top players. The big question would be how he resolves the squad imbalance.

5 Likes

Well he always loses against Man Utd

I do like how they’ve evidently touted themselves to four managers so far with Zidane already saying no.

Evidently no one is available so this interim idea but as others have said isn’t a lot of their financial sponsorship based on playing CL?

1 Like

How desperate must Fat Sam Alladross be waiting for the call at this exact moment eh! :rofl:

I think his full name is; “‘Former England Manager’ San Allardyce”

1 Like