The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Strange business. Are they going to invent a new category of manager over at Man Utd: interim interim?

When I first moved to Copenhagen, I expected Laudrup to be a local hero; instead, I’ve been told a thousand times by a thousand Danes how he spent the summer of '92 sipping sangria in the south of Spain, because, he said, Denmark had no reason to be in the competition, and of course Denmark lifted the trophy.

I have a wee group of friends from Sandefjord, and they have always talked bad about both Riise and Ole.

https://thefootballdugout.com/2020/02/18/how-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-protected-a-rapist/

Worth remembering this, also, before we start feeling too much sympathy for him.

4 Likes

Golf clubs at the ready, @Magnus

1 Like

Little Ole is a mere 48 years old. Oh, I feel decrepit now.

3 Likes

There should be a number to dial emergency Bellamy services.

1 Like

“Press 1 for Craig or 2 for David.”

2 Likes

“or 3 to speak to an agent.”

fill me in craig david GIF by Romy

3 Likes

Are you a Melbourne Storm fan, too?!?!

:heart_eyes:

There are no NRL fans, let alone fans of the manchester city of the sport, SBYM. I think even @Rooster has stopped talking league on here.

1 Like

With Pochettino apparently welcoming advances from United do people think it’s inevitable that Zidane is then immediately installed at PSG?

That might even persuade Mbappé to sign a new deal.

The compensation United would have to pay PSG will mean they will effectively end up paying most of Zidane’s wages for PSG.

2 Likes

Don’t know if it is inevitable - if Zidane really is holding out for the French national job it might not happen but I’ve seen Grizz Khan on twitter suggest the move is likely (I haven’t seen the link mentioned otherwise but I’m not reading widely on this)

1 Like

Grizz thinks which move is likely? Zidane to PSG?

Don’t tell me I’ve inadvertently agreed with him?!

Yes, Poch to Utd and Zidane to PSG. :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl:

Oh Man Reaction GIF by Bounce

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ve met him in 2005 at Slovenia:Norway U21 game while he was watching his younger brother Bjørn Helge. I even got his autograph and seemed like a really nice guy.

1 Like

I used to like you…

No Way Reaction GIF

I thought Zidane was said to be waiting for the France job. And wouldn’t his being from Marseille complicate matters too ?

If Newcastle couldn’t get ZZ, what makes MU think they could get him?

1 Like

Klopp: I didn’t think of Manchester United for a second. Sorry. When asked about Ole’s sacking.

1 Like