The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

He has always spoken as if he has been very dim, but this is a bit extraordinary, got to say. Surprised it didn’t dawn on him that he should probably use an aid when he himself says he doesn’t know anything about movies.

4D theory, he knows he is dim and has a low amount of general knowledge, so want to go out on a category where he can justify not knowing stuff since he proclaimed that he never watches movies, since it will be even more embarrassing going out on a trivial question such as “who was the king in the United Kingdom before Queen Elizabeth the Second ascended the throne ?”. I am joking of course.

And VdB in his actual best role

Thing is I do wonder sometimes, I’ve never seen a Rambo movie and my film knowledge extends to vaguely remembering anything my partner has been watching and yet I know that.

He knows plenty about the bookies in Bournemouth town centre mind, couldn’t catch him out of there most days

2 Likes

I think the hilarious bit is not using the aids concerning a category you declare you know absolutely nothing about myself, although yeah, Stallone is iconic in that role and it is hard to have missed the posters etc. Maybe the man really dislikes giving anything to charity work ? :wink: :sunglasses:

1 Like

So far Manchester United’s shape looks the same as other European games lately, sitting deep, soaking, attempting to launch rapid blitzes on transitions. Will be interesting to see maybe a full game of VDB though. So far they seem to be attacking with a lot of people but more interestingly, they are attempting to press Villa Real. Pressing did not go well against Liverpool and many other teams.

Good chance for the yellow shirt people.

Oh I wasn’t aware they were on now.

That’s why he was such a good manager. Paid attention to other people……

Seriously, Villa Real has started very well. Created 2 big chances now. Dominating, as far as one can say anyone can dominate after only 10 min played.

His dog took care of his accounts :thinking:

Was a good chance by submarines just then.

Villa Real creating a lot. I doubt United can soak up this many chances if they allow the game to go on like this. Villa Real are better than Watford (usually anyway)…

No, it definitely isn’t.

1 Like

6 Likes

Be very odd if he went after saying this… still I expect it’s potentially a summer move, still think it’s 2+2 = 76

2 Likes

3 very big chances to Villa Real so far. Honestly, De Gea had an incredible save a few min ago. I doubt this will go well for the Blue shirts.

1 Like

Although a nice ball in to the head of Ronaldo, and if it was better aimed, it would have been a goal. That guy gets some unreal force on his headers. His heading technique is just divisions above most other good football players. I mean, he heads it like others shoot. Hard.

Carrick has that “just come from the pub” look on his face.

2 Likes

There were reports coming out over the weekend, before Ole was officially let go, of Poch finding the personalities and egos difficult to deal with in the PSG dressing room. On the one hand it looked like one of those stories meant to lubricate his exit, but why does he think it would be meaningfully better at Utd for him, a club who seems to view social status as important as how much of a fit they are as a player?

I dont think it is a failing per se of preferring to work with malleable players without super star egos as I think a lot of that could be said about Klopp, but if this issue is real than Utd is not the logical step for him unless they’re going to commit to being run as a football first club and get rid of their superstars.

1 Like

Van de Beek definitely has the rash challenge in his toolkit. That’s two matches in a row now.

1 Like

Was the thing I could never even vaguely get right. I can still hit a volley but my heading is an always was utterly laughable.

1 Like