The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

As he still got the Phil Neville lookalike next to him

That’s utterly massive for Man United. Survived the first half without conceding.

1 Like

Honestly, it is that type of game. Villa Real creating several, at times very good, chances. MU a couple of so-so. This type of games, counter attacks from the inferior side can sometimes win it.

Villarreal.

3 Likes

You are right of course :wink:

My apologies to anyone from Valencia.

1 Like

Watching in Spanish. Announcers referring to Maguire as Cabeza de Losa.

3 Likes

Lol, really ? That is a bit unprofessional :sweat_smile:

I’m just playing. They’re really calling him La Gran Decepción (The Big Disappointment).

2 Likes

That sounds almost as bad (or perhaps it is the grandiose Spanish language). After all, a square slab of a head is something he was born with, lol

1 Like

Terrible shot from a Villareal player. Over goal from a very nice position.

United makes a double sub now. Fernandes and Rashford for Van De Beijk and Anthony Martial.
DVB has played a particularly weak game, he neither presses well or controls the midfield when in possession imo. He probably needs to take chances such as this if he wants to turn his career around.

The end of this game may suit Rashford and his speed quite well. Villareal still the best team by far, creating the most chances, but failing to execute them good enough. I fear MU may get a couple of nice chances at the death of the game.

Not to overlook two very nice and one excellent save from DeGea. United could easily be down one or two.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately he is one of the very best keepers in the Premier League.

Ronaldo with an incredibly undeserved goal. Bit of a strange situation. Villareal has been the best team by far, but this may perhaps kick start MU a bit, who knows.

Terrible mistake from Rulli. Credit to Fred for jumping on it. Type of thing that kept Ole in the seat for so long. Appropriate to the “Carrick Era,” too, it seems.

Honestly fuck De Gea. He should have been gone years ago, and they would be even worse than they have been.

…then again, he’s missed out on at least three Champions Leagues (De Gea > Navas) so perhaps that’s karma? (For him.)

1 Like

What has De Gea done that makes you think about Karma though ? I don’t think playing on a rival team is enough myself, lol ! :smiley:

Anyway, I am tired. Enough football for tonight.

Have fun guys !

That was shocking from Villarreal, handed it to Utd on a plate. Overall, Villarreal have been disappointing, they seemed to be happy with a draw and have now paid the price.

2 Likes

Nah I meant just in general given how much he has been a thorn in our side over the years. He always seems to play well against us, even when he loses 5-0.