The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Get a result tonight and against chelsea at the weekend I hope the media and fans are calling for Carrick to get the job permanently. Carrick at the wheel.

10 Likes

2 nil…

If Carrick continues to do quite well, he could be offered the job on an interim basis…
Then the board repeat previous mistakes by offering him a 2 year contract at end of season :+1:

2 Likes

2-0! Carrick’s at the wheel! Give him a contract now!!

6 Likes

After the second goal, they showed Carrick on the touchline. He didn’t look like he even knew what was happening. Perhaps he and Carrick Fan have more in common than we realize.

1 Like

Get the contract out. Put it on the table. Let him sign it. Michael’s at the wheel. Man United are BACK

5 Likes

2-0, dead caf bounce :wink:

3 Likes

6 Likes

I feel guilty laughing at ‘right’ but I guess Carra is just method acting.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Oh Rio…

Managers that depart in the way Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did know there’s going to be a bounce in the squad and something might happen.

This performance was more about soaking up the pressure and it reminded me of when Ole first took charge before he had actually signed a contract and they went on that incredible run. I’m sure that on Saturday against Chelsea the performance will be a replica of that second-half performance.

Dumb cunt cannot help himself.

4 Likes

That match was the perfect amalgam of all the last few years’ major themes. An insipid performance where Man United are kept in the match by DeGea. The tossing on of several expensive baubles on 65’ (in this case notably Bruno and Rashford). An immediate upturn in intensity married to some dumb luck and a horrible error by the opposition. Nothing like a convincing performance. Ole muscle memory.

4 Likes

They were shite again, Villarreal should be kicking themselves for not winning that.

Scholes is right, it’s mad that Carrick, Phelan and McKenna have been allowed to stay/not offered their resignations as well. A collective failure by a coaching team so clearly out of its depth.

8 Likes

Some team is gonna get a free pass to the qtrs with tripe like United around. Hope liverpool get a team like Barca

1 Like

I know it was only an example, but I’d put money on Barca not even making it through. Right now they’re ahead of Benfica, but the Portugese have an almost guaranteed 3 points in their final game against Kiev. That will require Barca to beat Bayern as even a draw will see them lose to benfica on the head to head.

2 Likes

Fantastic result for Carrick. Clean sheet, professional win. Sancho looks like a new player.

United’s long search for a new manager is over.

5 Likes

He really isn’t, you know.

3 Likes

On his day I think he is the best shot stopper….but not the best all round keeper. I think Mendy is possibly the best keeper at the moment but he does have the advantage of playing behind the best defence.

2 Likes

football soccer GIF by Liverpool FC

6 Likes

In his day he was, but he is far too erratic these days. Look at the Watford performance. World class save then beaten at his near post.

1 Like

DDG has been shite for 3 years. Mendy looks great tbf, but I wouldn’t swap Ali for anyone

6 Likes