The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Bringing in a guy who has been tactically underwhelming overall, but seems to know how to build a club for the long term, and giving him the six month interim job sounds perfect!

How is that any different from the guy they just sacked?

With any luck, not at all.

I have never been convinced that Old Whiskey Nose wants the best for the club since he left…
Why attempt to destroy his own legacy by having someone out perform him from the dug-out…
Yet he just doesn’t seem to want to let go and move on in life… The fuckin Saddo

2 Likes

Favre won’t accept an interim deal, that’s for sure. Not sure he’s tactically underwhelming to be fair. At Dortmund, he couldn’t break up Bayern’s dominance in the league (who could, apart from Kloppo?), but he left Dortmund in probably a better stead than when he arrived (lots of promising young players signed up on whom they can build).

1 Like

Is it any wonder Jurgen would not go there when he faced the triumvirate that is Slur Alex, Woodward, and the Glazers. Same goes for anyone else they try and recruit… Any manager worth their salt, is unlikely to ever go there… so roll on another half decade of mediocrity from the Old Toilet

2 Likes

I guess the broader significance is that if there is any truth to the Favre contact rumours, the Pochettino leaving PSG stories are largely the product of navel-gazing.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not keen on Favre taking the reign over there, but Pocch joining them is potentially more menacing for us.

Yeah, weird. As big clubs go, PSG is probably the one most like United, squad wise.

1 Like
2 Likes

So then, Rangnick to the end of the season apparently.

Imagine all the big sites will be carrying this any time now.

2 Likes

Well he is competent at least… which is a shame

1 Like

Rangnick is great in terms of squad building. Can see him take over from Woodward after the season.

3 Likes

I’m really hoping that Eric’s ‘great staff’ is his penis.

2 Likes

Forgot about Pope. Good goalie.

Rangnick? Is this genuine?

2 Likes

That looks a good appointment for them.

2 Likes

Yep, Athletic was the first to announce.

1 Like

Well, Rangnick is it then, interim until the end of the season and 2 years in an advisory role. That’s actually good for them imo, he will presumably be the best solution to build something and can help immediately tbf.

2 Likes