The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

@Zoran let’s not over think this, it is Manure after all. Just find funny and degrogatory stuff to say and be done. :smiley:

1 Like

This is a Hail Mary pass to get them past the next round of the CL and in the CL next season, at worst get them into EL, or at very worst get them into ECL. He can’t do anything other than that within 6 months.

2 Likes

So…they hire the Gegenpress professor famous for wanting all power in his clubs. The man who Klopp imitated tactically. Sounds nice and very ambitious, except he will want his own players (and lol, this is “interim”, so does not compute with me) and that squad is not famous for being good at pressing.

Am I the only one who thinks a the appointment of an authoritarian German sounds rather strange as an “Interim solution” ???
Seems odd !!! Would probably be a very exciting and maybe even a very good appointment if it was as a permanent manager, Rangnick is famously good at tactics after all. But as interim ? Lulz, I am skeptical. And with that squad ? This is strange. The man is famously authoritarian and lacks charisma, latter not being a problem if it’s a long term project and he gains respect for his skills (and this because highly authoritative among his players), but short term interim ? How…odd.

But tell the truth, it is an exciting signing. But again, Rangnick as interim ? He will want to radically change their system !!!

2 Likes

Steeper for his players I suspect. I am fairly sure he watches a lot of football including the Premier League. Most football obsessed coaches do. But his players, lol, this is not Teddy Bear they just hired…

What Manure need is someone who will tell Sir Whyskey nose to go drink 5 more bottles and drop dead, as long as they go for yes boys, like thier last manager, or obstinate idiots looking for a fight, like Mourinho, all will be well.
From what I can gather this Ralph is of the latter kind (indicated by his ‘staying on as a consultant’ approach).

Never heard Ragnick being called an idiot to be fair. And I doubt he is a media warrior, like Jose. Because in truth, a lot of Jose’s interview’s are acts. At least according to Jan Åge Fjørtoft, who has interviewed him several times, last one being rather famous. Right after the camera has stopped rolled he is like “High five bro” with Jan Åge, praising him for difficult questions, yet being a total asshole on camera. I doubt Ragnick is that kind of media manipulator.

:joy::smirk:

2 Likes

He seems obstinate in his methods and my reference to looking for a fight wasn’t anything to do with the media but the club and inparticular Sir whyskey nose; Think about it a bit!

2 Likes

I would say it’s excellent if it’s long term, but I am more skeptical of short time interim for reasons I mentioned above in my posts. We’ll see though.

1 Like

Anyway, it will be very interesting to see how he does. I am probably going to watch a fair few of their coming games. Although he can only have a minor tactical and moral impact in the first 2-3 games.
Going to be exciting with him in England though. If they hire him for long term, I think they can become real contenders in a couple of years unless internal drama ruins it for him. But for now, he is interim.

3 Likes
1 Like

Looking for all the posts from United fans cheering him on despite that fact that 90% wont even have heard his name before let alone having a clue who he is.

3 Likes

Apparently part of his philosophy is minimising the number of passes played by the least technically gifted players.

RIP McFred

10 Likes

I read that he won’t be in charge at the weekend anyway, because he has to wait for the work permit.

The only thing he didn’t mention was defending, other than that his style is everything minus a goalkeeper that can distribute the ball or offer an outlet. That top attacking 4 in his new team can’t do any of the stuff he is looking for. At least he has a goalkeeper that fits his style.

It’s going to be a shit show. The tactic is maybe to get Ron to say “fuck off” and put me on the transfer list.

1 Like

I have Greenwood and Ronaldo in my FPL… who do I now have to jinx to make sure this goes tits up again?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dutch Commentators Discussing The Most Expensive Defender In History.

Credit to a post on reddit.

5 Likes

Not sure that’s right. He started out earlier than Klopp, granted, but his main achievements came as Klopp was already winning the league with Dortmund. Klopp’s chief tactical inspirations, as with alot of managers including Ragnick, came from Sacchi and Wolfgang Frank.

5 Likes

I’m not as unhappy with RR going there as I would’ve been directly after Fergie, let’s say, but someone in that club just managed to get their head screwed on right all the same. Can’t be worse for them after 6 months with this guy inputting proper football ideas to their coaching staff.

1 Like

This is pretty much the end for Toothy Joe then. He doesn’t have the discipline to play in this kind of setup.