The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Of course there is, it’s open a bottle of whiskey drink half of it, throw a boot across the room, finish the bottle of whiskey and open another one, call someone to have a tibble, throw a boot a him rinse and repeat!

I think the clueless twats saw a German manager doing wonders at Liverpool and another German manager doing well at chavski so they went after a German :grin::grin:

6 Likes

FIFY! :grin:

2 Likes

That’s the assumption, I know. But he hasn’t actually been a manager on the touch line for a while and over the past decade has invariably stepped down from his managerial positions for one reason or another. That might make him perfect for United seeing as what they want but we’ve seen that building a club and laying foundations is not a 6 month gig followed by a consulting period especially if the players that his methods demand are not at his disposal. If they’d fucked off Fletcher and Woodward and installed him on a permanent basis as DoF with the remit to build then, yeah, understandable but they haven’t and neither does he have the experience of big club development whilst also having to stand on the touch line.

I personally think there is idea of Rangnick that has evolved over time that has somewhat disconnected itself from what he can actually do. Either way, we will see soon enough. My money is on them crashing and burning.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Ole had become untenable, and options are short on the ground. 6 months keeps options open while getting an insight into how other modern clubs run. We probably won’t know enough about their intent until next summer.

3 Likes

Two different leagues so it’s not a totally fair comparison, but still.

3 Likes

Good grief, I had not realized that ManU were THAT woeful defensively!

3 Likes

Yeah, even after not a complete season, that is absolutely horrific.

1 Like

Carrick’s taking this match, right? In spite of myself, I have to hope Man U crushes Chelsea today. Then they lose three on the spin to begin the Rangnick era. Man U fans look wistfully back to Carrick, murmuring among themselves about whether the club shouldn’t have given him more matches. Doubt creeps in. Well, I mean, more doubt creeps in.

4 Likes

It is actually quite difficult to be that crap in all of the categories

2 Likes

2nd placed team a few months ago, only lacking a Declan Rice to takeover City.

Yeah, right. :joy:

6 Likes

The deluded cunts. I have a manc supporting brother in law here who said that very thing after the Leicester loss. “We’re a world class CDM away from winning the league”.

Course you are, sunshine. Course you are.

1 Like

My younger brother supports them, he says they are rotten from top to bottom!

1 Like

Must take a lot of training and hard work :slight_smile:

Wow, very, very interesting lineup for them. Ron on the bench.

Matic, McTominay, Fred… woow…

Maybe Rangnick’s asked Carrick to do a job for him. Get Ronaldo used to not starting.

Thats something none of us knows for sure, and can only speculate can’t we? I mean lets not take for granted that all big clubs are run well. Look at us before we got Klopp. Or United since Fergie left. Or Barca in last 5 or more years. Or Madrid in last couple of years. Or PSG since they got their huge investment. Or Arsenal since 2010. Not really been a model of how a top club should be run in those moments are they?

I’m not really the type who looks at someone’s trophies to make judgement on him. Or the rubbish quote I hear from some so called pundits saying “but he has no premier league experience!”. I think to myself “ya numptie, almost all best managers in Prem in recent times have come from outside”.

All that said, I’m not worried by whatever moves United makes anymore, just find it really interesting from footballing point of view. They’re not out rivals anymore, and even if they make all the decisions right going forward, it’ll still take them least 2-3 years to catch up. Meanwhile they can enjoy competing with other upper mid table teams, the likes of Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Tottenham etc.

Outside hoping for an upset today. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

United could have been three down by now :rofl:

1 Like