The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Yeah! Berbatov would have been better.

1 Like
5 Likes

Beat me to it.

Unsurprising Rio is coming out with shit like that. Has he defended his Ole’s at the wheel, write a number down line as yet?

1 Like

This photo makes Rangnick’s face look like a cross between Sean Lock top half and Jack Nicholson bottom half.

1 Like

So does the thread title change to “Ralf’s at the wheel…for now…The united thread?”

1 Like

I’d say more likely to be “Ralf’s thrown under the wheel, WHo’s next?”

4 Likes

Ralf’s Temporary Bus Driver Replacement Service

3 Likes

Do we know when Keane is out of contract with Sky?

Now that has a pretty good ring to it

I rather see Ole’s name remain in the title, at least for a while more. His Legacy, yanno.
Something like: Ole’s broken wheel into Ralf’s lap.

1 Like

Reference to the wheel is all down to Ole - the legend will live on and on and on

1 Like

Just watched the Sancho goal. What on earth was going on in Rashford’s head?

He kept a good yard ahead of the ball for the whole duration, which lasted a good 10 seconds.

2 Likes

I know the “Wan-Bissaka is the best English right back” crowd have gone deafly silent but still want to highlight this since he is supposed to be a better defender than Alexander-Arnold (by people who think tackling and defending are the same thing)…

97th minute, Chelsea have the ball trying to create the last chance of the game.

Wan-Bissaka is marking Rudiger on the back post, only real danger from this position is if he is beaten in the air for a header.

Two seconds later, Wan-Bissaka gets drawn by the ball and the run of the already marked CF. This creates a gap between himself and Rudiger that would allow Rudiger a run on the ball to head in the cross. Still, not a terrible position as he could recover this ground and it would take a great ball in.

Now Rudiger has literally stood still. Wan-Bissaka has continued to follow the defensive line/ball/centre forward and no longer in any position that could be referred to as “marking”. The cross is already coming through the six yard box and it is now too late to react.

The cross finds a now completely unmarked Rudiger who should have scored. Wan-Bissaka is even deeper than the last shot and now essentially a spectator.

This is the guy who is supposed to be a great defensive full back giving up a clear cut chance in the 97th minute because he doesn’t have the awareness to notice a 6ft 2’ player stood right next to him.

11 Likes

I hope not soon, I love to see him huffing and puffing about United when they are shite. :joy:

It’s quite something when Ronaldo is doing a better defensive job than AWB is.

4 Likes

Carragher is spot on with questioning Ronaldo’s value as a player to Man Utd at this time. Ronaldo should not be a main man. He is trading off his reputation, and the deference shown towards him by his former colleagues in the media is telling.

Rio Ferdinand talking about titles won is the last bastion of a guy without a good argument.

Anyway, let’s see what happens. They finished second last season. They added Ronaldo. If they keep him as a main man in the team, let’s see if they improve on where they were. (Spoiler alert, they won’t!) Alternately, if Rangnick uses Ronaldo as something less than a main man, he makes Carragher’s point for him.

Either way, Carragher’s point on Ronaldo is going to be strengthened. He will play and the team won’t be as good as last season. Or he won’t play as much, because the new man sees it the same as Carragher.

5 Likes

Stop arguing with a man who’s won multiple league titles

Yes because winning as a player and understanding the game as a manager or pundit is the same thing. No wonder Klopp is not able to succeed as a manager.

Actually this thought process aligns with the logic of their wanking over Ronaldo. Look he’s won so many titles and games over his career, so he should be starting ofcourse.

4 Likes

But if he assists a goal, you’ll find thousands of United fans with their ‘Trent come out’ posts. It’s funny this is even a comparison anymore.

4 Likes

Dude…this is absolutely brilliant.

Squad is full of quality, just needs the right mgr to click, blah blah blah.

The next few months could actually be as fun as the last few months, and that is saying something…I have had a fucking ball.

7 Likes

The funnoest thing is most of their fans don’t want to consider the time and work that went into Klopp turning us into what we have become.

Those first 18 months we were very Jeckle & Hyde whilst he built up our fitness and our understanding of the phisolophy he wanted to impart on the players.

3 Likes