The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

With the red Manc current standard, I think it is a very low bar for Rangnick to overcome .

1 Like

That Keane / /Carragher spat was exactly what is wrong at United. Old boys club that they cant shake off and move on from. Keane knows full well that signing Ronaldo is an expensive step backwards but he’s one of the boys. Cant say bad things about one of the old gang.

Glorious to watch.

1 Like

I loved it. Especially as it went on and it dawns on Keane he’s boxed himself into a corner and realises he’s talking shite, but can’t stop digging.

The bit about them finishing second but Ronaldo wasn’t brought in to kick them on to the title was amazing.

5 Likes

You could see it with Neville being reluctant to call out Ole as well. And Keane for that matter preferring to blame the younger generation or newer players rather than the 36 year old that wont move because he won a Balllon D’or or whatever.

Throw in Ferguson probably passing a word or two in the background and the self destruction is magnificent.

2 Likes

No no no…

Dig up, stupid!

1 Like

Sucky title.

Wreck it Ralf … The Man Utd thread.

8 Likes

We don’t yet know if he will though!

I have some Nostradamus DNA in me.

Haven’t you ever heard of the power of wishful thinking?

3 Likes

lol

hilarious title

2 Likes

I can agree with that. It was 15 years ago now, though. Along those lines, he did well with Schalke a decade ago and they’ve imploded since then nonetheless.

They dont read these pages you know? If they did I’d still be reveling in it

GIF by NBA

1 Like

Meme No GIF by J.B. Kinard

5 Likes

Thing is Ralf never did a Klopp, he never took that club on like Dortmund and made them compete for the highest honours.

It’s an interesting point to make in all this as the jump from say Mainz to Liverpool would have been massive but the jump from Dortmund to Liverpool was not.

Yes Hoffenheim are established now and Schalke were for a time before them imploded but it’s interesting to note these clubs are just that, they are a bit like a Southampton or something similar good clubs who occasionally may have a good season but are never really challenging.

It’s a big step and it’s probably why it’s interim, he may feel after 6 months it’s too much, he’s been a DOF or similar for a number of years and there has to be a reason for that.

Will he improve Man Utd, well can it be any worse?

3 Likes

I reckon Ralf just wants to escape a Russian winter and Manure are desperate. That makes Ralf a genious and Manure a pile of Manure. So nothing has changed.

8 Likes

Manures: Rangnick is father of gegenpress, disciple Klopp and Tuchel, master of the game.

Also Manures: he is only good enough as an interim.

1 Like

Said the other day that Rangnick is some kind of a job hopper. Never stays at one club or one position for long.

I am 100% sure he won’t be there for the three years.

Also, what happens if he fails to qualify for the CL? Will he still take over the other role? Doubt it.

1 Like

Ralf will help establish ManU as a club consistently playing in the Premier League.

2 Likes

Until he leaves and then hopefully Schalke happens :wink:

To be honest he sounds a bit like a less successful version of Benitez

1 Like