The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

If he gets them playing together, to a system, they will be much better for it. Under Ole it has been a collection of players, not a team, and very much less than the sum of its parts.

Will he be backed if he has some big decisions to make? Will the players follow his lead and apply themselves? Will the players see him as so temporary that they are in a stronger position than him? Will the leaks and whispers continue?

Lots of open questions. Watching with interest.

I think Ralf is more of an idealist than Rafa. Not to say that Ralf can’t somewhat adjust his tactics especially when he takes over a team in the middle of a season. But Rafa is more of a pragmatic. Also more of a pure coach, a hands on coach who is indeed interested in many aspects of a club, but not of the experience off the pitch like Ralf.

1 Like

It might be a really good move by Man United, if they’ve lined this up with a view of Ralf being a hatchet man, coming in to work with the players first hand for 6 months, go to his consultancy role and work to get shot of the players that aren’t right for United, work on getting a new manager in, and go from there.

The fun bit will be watching him try to take charge after a long period of lovely Ole being nice to everyone. If he’s any kind of disciplinarian, the likes of Ronaldo and Pogba will be in the news a matter of weeks.

May the mediocrity continue.

6 Likes

Rangnick seems more comparable to Houllier (may he rest in peace) in his wider footballing influence than Benitez.

Interesting that Houllier was also part of the Red Bull organization in last years. I’d say Ralf was more influencing, perhaps Houllier’s best time off the pitch was with the youth work in France. It’s hard to find someone comparable with Ralf, it’s a really interesting career. And now it will be even more interesting to see how he does at a place like United.

3 Likes

The number of fans from other clubs piling on to the drugs test misser’s tweet is brilliant. Telling him not to comment on any more World Cups, Euros or criticising managers as he@s no experience of any of those things. He then starts back tracking and saying that it was a joke that everyone missed.

What a pr1ck :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Keane might be right.

The Ballon dor was awarded the other night and Ronaldo still ranks higher than Salah :roll_eyes:

Seriously that award has lost all credibility. Neither Ronaldo or Messi should have won that award for the last 3 or 4 years.

9 Likes

It is more a popularity contest really. At least these days. A shame. Maybe it will get better in the future. I hope so.

4 Likes

Dark side of Brexit. Carrick may get several more matches.

1 Like

At this rate maybe Ralf will step in as DOF and leave it to Carrick.

I assume he can attend the game on Thursday.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to say again it’s Carrickeh…

Give it Ralf end o’t season!!!

3 Likes

How about the guy they paid 85 million euros for in the summer? Then again, maybe they should just carry on they have been. Cavani, Ronaldo and Martial, that’s the way ahead.

1 Like

Is right.

Great news that’ll give Maguire time to catch up with the fact that Ole’s gone

3 Likes

I think Maguire is their answer, by far the funniest I have seen. :rofl: Stands rocking with laughter is the way to go! :wink:

1 Like

According to BILD Rangnick will receive a €10m bonus if he can convince Haaland to sign for ManU.

Sounds like a great way to build a winning culture.

2 Likes

Wife put the tree up today…Merry fecking Crimbo. I feel like just switching the lights off

:santa:t3:

1 Like

How come it’s a Thursday night game?

They’re prepping both utd and arsenal for europa league next season.

:joy:

3 Likes

Amazon spread their games across three nights, we get the Thursday slot in a few weeks against Newcastle when BT do the same.

2 Likes