The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

You misspelled ‘encouraging’

6 Likes

Even without the goal, Fred has comfortably played his best game for Man United. What difference a competent coach makes, eh… Shame about Palace’s missed sitter, though.

2 Likes

Fred had a pretty good match against Arsenal as well. Rangnick won’t impress me until he shows he can get consistent quality out of Pogs 'N Boots. May he soon return.

3 Likes

Don’t know if it had anything to do with Rangnick without a training session, maybe they just had a talk. Maybe the lad just got slightly different instructions along with the whole team and is/are motivated to do well.

1 Like

As said they have a very easy set of games coming up so any slip ups will be surprising.

2 Likes

They’re not a threat. They’re locked into a tussle for top 4 with Arse, Spurs, and West Ham.

4 Likes

Can you imagine the boiled piss if Stevie G leads Villa to a higher finish than them this season?

All I want for Christmas….

6 Likes

To go with fried turd?

2 Likes

After 30 mins Goldbridge was crowing about how this was the best Utd performance he had witnessed in six years. They were better yeah but come on , it took them 80 mins to score at home against a very poor Palace , and the goal actually came against the run of play and just after what should have been a far post tap-in for the visitors. I can’t believe how they are hailing this as the beginning of a new dawn. That team is still unbalanced and too many of them are simply not good enough.

6 Likes

Ralf at the still-shaky wheel, turning the first of many corners to come. :sweat_smile:

Weren’t they spouting the same shit when legends Jose and Ole started?

6 Likes

Grabbing at straws?

I guess we’ve been there. I didn’t see the game but I wonder if he’s witnessed a Maguire special yet?

A bold prediction by me. Ralf works wonders and they recover to secure a mid table spot or even a Europa League. Ferdinand slaps the table demanding that they contract him at any price. United responds in kind with a 5 year contract. Pogba, loves the new attention and signs a contract extension, Ronaldo, now with a walking stick, also signs an extension.

Reality bites and United return to type and Goldbridge, now grossly over weight from stress eating and balding from too much Wash’n Go has a full on air breakdown. His techy pulls the plug at the last moment.

2 Likes

Most of the outlets are running with this narrative. Listen to the commentary when Fred scored and at the final whistle and you’d have thought they’d gone top of the league or something. Indicative of the short termism that is now prevalent anywhere; get a win and you’re the best and are up there to win the league, lose or draw and its curtains, score a goal and player A the best in the world, go a game or two goalless and there are ‘concerns’ about form of player B.

With United over the past few years its has been significantly more about hyping up the wins and goals than the bad stuff. They are so completely focused on the history of the club that to them it was only ever going to be a matter of time before Ole morphed into Alex letting the good times roll and they’re all still in the same vein.

3 Likes

I must’ve been watching a different game yesterday. I thought they were bang average as usual and were lucky to sneak past a pretty bad Palace side.

They had 3 shots on target and Palace missed a big chance not long before the winning goal. Sancho, Fernandes and Rashford were shite again. Fred had a better game than usual, that would be the only difference I saw.

9 Likes

Uniteds strategy seems to be to move from new manager bounce to new manager bounce. Fair dues.

Not directly Man United related but funny

5 Likes

Their sixth manager (excluding caretakers) since 2013 and they are not a sacking club. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Very odd - reports that Chris Armas (most recently Toronto FC manager) is going to join Rangnick’s staff. I really cannot imagine what for.

1 Like

He’s one of the Red Bull lot. Managed their NY based team.

Maybe he’s the one to take full control down the track. Soccor - lol

4 Likes

Didn’t Chris Armas want to turn Toronto FC into a pressing team? Unfortunately, that did not work out well at all with the group of players that TFC has. What a disaster of a year for my home team - 2nd last this season.