The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Fingers crossed on the link to Trippier. Perfect player to kick start a rebuild around, over the next few years.

3 Likes

I always adhere to the wise words of a car sticker I saw many years ago:

Rugby is a game for men with odd-shaped balls.

6 Likes

Guess who’s back…

https://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

1 Like

TAN…my Christmas gift to you all can be found by clicking on the link below…

Pages and pages of nuffies arguing about the extent of the rot. Some side-splitting comedy gold…the ‘incredible squad’ argument is my favourite.

4 Likes

I’ll need 2 glasses of that scotch of yours to get me through that.

Yes, 2 glasses is enough for me these days. I’ve got the stamina of your average Everton season ticket holder.

3 Likes

Rangnick confirmed that Martial has asked to leave.

Before Mbappe arrived on the scene Martial was ‘the next big thing’ when he was at Monaco.

Maybe the standards weren’t as high during that time but can not remember bigger talents in his age group back then.

Young players need consistency with their managers. See what happened to Martial, Rashford, Dembele and others compared to Trent.

4 Likes

Martial is a good player, but yeah, perhaps a bit too soft and inconsistent. Technically very sound. Will perhaps end up as some sort of a Lacezette. Good in some aspects, weak in some other, good to watch, but not quite enough to be a starter for the very best sides. Also, I think they didn’t have room for both him and Rashford. So it’s better for the two parties to separate and him to find a new challenge.

2 Likes

With as poorly as things have gone recently, it’s easy to forgot that he was just 19 when he made that impact against us in his debut. It’s hard to believe that was 5 or 6 years ago now…a genuine talent whose career has gone backwards in the funk that is Manchester United.

6 Likes

Was in the car today and listened to TalkSport for a bit.

Out of a discussion of the Martial news, three dudes I don’t know spent 15mins trying to figure out what has gone wrong for Pogba at Utd (the second time they begrudgingly mentioned…lol)…by the time the conversation got to ‘they should have hired Deschamps to get the best out of him’ I was laughing so hard I ended up having to explain to Mrs SBYM what was so funny.

After my explanation she asked if everyone else thinks he is the laziest cunt in the PL. Only the fans of the 19 other clubs was my answer.

7 Likes

I think he was/is a genuinely talented player. His debut goal… There can’t have been many better solo efforts against any Liverpool side that I’ve watched. His Transfermarkt numbers are also more than decent, a goal contribution almost every other game. He was probably a victim of changes (I hope everyone understands this reference, eh, @Magnus and @Sithbare), he probably should have been eased into the striker role, rather than one on the wing. Then again, I also said that about Rashford but I think that Rashford actually is more suited to the wing than the centre.

3 Likes

Despite the fact that if with his 1st touch Skrtel had just taken him out before he entered the box his career here in the EPL would have been over before it had started. That error of Skrtel’s haunts me now, what an idiot.

1 Like

To me Ralf looks like some guy they found in the accounting department and asked to take over management until they figured out what to do.

2 Likes

The Caf is on fire after that, Rashford getting pelters, but the below is the early clubhouse leader…

After three days in a row eating turkey, bacon and gravy sandwiches it was refreshing being served up some dogshit.

4 Likes

They all wanna sell Maguire too…

lol

2 Likes

Would be good for fertilizing Old Toilet.

1 Like

‘Ole in.’

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The comedy continues.

1 Like

What, exactly, is Cavani celebrating?

<

3 Likes

Their lethargic win over Norwich didn’t really cover any cracks I expected they would struggle against Brentford and Brighton but they got them called off, I expected them to win this but I think it again shows that gap.

1 Like

Probably celebrating the fact he’s finally got some minutes instead of missing out to far inferior players like Rashford.

6 Likes