The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Tactical genius, eh?

Wolves were shitting their pants against us and parked the bus for 93 minutes, they were not afraid of United at all, tells you something.

5 Likes

It’s different, of course they feel more confident against United, but it’s United really who were nowhere near good enough and it let Wolves play more than they probably planned.

Im still reading through CAF thread about Shaw’s interview. More than one poster has wondered aloud if he is talking about Cavanni as one of the players who isnt trying hard enough :joy:

The situation is that Utd have a squad that includes enough talented players that if left to their own devices can win enough games to challenge for a CL spot. But also includes too many mismatched pieces and over rated players (based on purchase price and salary) that makes it near impossible to do that much better even with great coaching. They have now brought in a coach who plays a very specific brand of football for which arguably only 3 of their players are well suited, and they include the 2 maligned CMs that all their fans want to get rid of, and their 34 year old CF who has already said he is leaving after this season to go back to South America.

2 Likes

You’d be forgiven for thinking that there is no one at that club who knows their arse from their elbow.

Don’t we all think that?

With regard to the so called split then I’d be asking why isn’t Ralfeh continually playing those that are half the problem? For me the Wolves result is 100% on him. If players can’t be asked, drop them.

1 Like

The problem at ManU isn’t the manager. It’s the players and the top of the organization.

I agree but I’m beginning to suspect they’ve hired the wrong bloke, again, or there’s something else going on and he’s just a front.

Ralfeh was hired to change things remember. So far he’s done nothing as far as I can see.

1 Like

As long as Ronaldo is there, nothing changes - Man U have to play him, and to play him you essentially carry him. They had grand plans of pace based counter attacking footy with the likes of Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood - but Ronnie can’t do that so in the bin goes the grand plan to accommodate the mighty CR7.

4 Likes

He has never won anything and has never managed a club as big. His tactics are also ill-suited for the squad. So I think you’re right in Ralf being the wrong man for the job. But the problems of the club run much deeper.

6 Likes

They do I agree. They’ve failed probably since the start of Fergie’s final year if you want to be really critical of it.

Being less critical, since they hired Mourinho.

I think they have created a very difficult situation for everyone to hire someone in only a temporary capacity when he has such a well defined vision for how the game should be played that is so dramatically different to what they were doing, and what many of them are capable of doing. I think that creates an incentive structure for players, especially the highly paid high profile ones who feel they have power, to only give lip service to the approach and continue to do whatever they think is best. I get that he’s supposed to be staying on in some advisory capacity afterwards, but is Murtaugh really going to sanction the sale in the summer of every player who doesn’t fully buy in, especially when this might include his highest paid most difficult to shift assets?

I think more likely is Ralf spends the next 5 months pissing into the wind in his track suit, and then the following 5 months pissing into the wind into his business suit before then walking away.

2 Likes

Yep. I can’t see how it works, now or down the line.

1 Like

Rafa likes to start with a solid defensive base, something that is lacking.

I didn’t think Coleman needed replacing. He’s pretty solid with an Everton type mentality.

Wrong place, sorry, however just change the team and the same problem exists.

Does anyone know if Fat Sam is busy for the next few months?

Yes, but age may be the consideration - he is 34 later this year.

Villa Villa West Ham next 3 games. Wonder what would happen if they lost all 3?

Let’s find out shall we?

Drama Popcorn GIF

6 Likes