The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

US teams are spunking money again so that’s an option.

5 Likes

Inter Miami would seem an ideal destination for him. About a 5 hour plane ride to Portugal, plenty of Spanish speaking folks, sunny beaches, people falling over themselves to spaff money at him for some bullshit or other, and Beckham running the show.

3 Likes

Weren’t they at Madrid at the same time?

Two people I’d care not to follow being honest

3 Likes

I don’t know or care, but these septics over here will spunk a load of money to see Ronaldo stand in the box waiting for crosses and cut-backs. they don’t know any better.

1 Like

No way he sets foot in the United States, “because of reasons”.

4 Likes

All good for the brand, Beck’s would know.

Oh yeah I forgot about that…

1 Like

Same here. Good call, @Prolix

1 Like

The inquest will continue.

Mark ‘Points in the bag’ Goldbridge

@8.00

lol

aka…Mr This Team Starts Against Brentford

4 Likes

Matic is about 90… :joy:

2 Likes

“What a huge win by these players!”

1 Like

corrected!

He’s the gift that just keeps giving :slight_smile:

Goldbridge should’ve been included on the New Year’s Honours list, for services to entertainment. I think he’s hilarious.

1 Like

I was looking for something Ronaldo’ish but found this. A bit Bruno maybe

stop fuck off GIF

8 Likes

The point was made before that Rangnick would find it more difficult than what Klopp faced when he took over from Rodgers.

Klopp already got a team which played with a high backline and there were quite a lot of players who were hardworkers as well. It didnt take Klopp too much time to get his ideas across.

Rangnick on the other hand came in cold , he hadnt coached for an extended while before accepting a stop gap offer. Also the existing team doesnt have any players who are used to playing with a high defensive line.

And the point that Klopp has proven that he’s miles better than Rangnick has to be made too. Klopp adapted other styles to his conventional gegenpress strategy as well. Rangnick might well turn out to be a Biesla type who’s too set in his ways to change at this point of time

2 Likes

Klopp and his midfield when he arrived were

Henderson , lallana , milner , Can , Lucas and milner.

There were still hardworkers who were prepared to scrap for every ball , help out defensively and put in a good shift.

With United and their current midfield , there’s matic who is beyond their prime and then midfielders like Fred and Mctominay who are underwhelming to say the least.

The rest of the midfielders don’t exactly put in a shift and the ones who do (lingard and vdb) pretty much are half way out of the club.

They needed guys like Herrera and Fellaini. Limited footballers they are but their workrate was good all things considered.

This is what happens when you don’t address the main issue instead of buying players that you don’t need.

They didn’t need to spend on maguire , van bissaka , sancho , ronaldo , shaw and many others. They aren’t really an upgrade over the guys who they came in to replace…probably the defenders are probably worse than the guys of jose era that they did replace.

2 Likes